Robben Ford Signature Release Date?

RF and Bill Evans released Common Ground a couple weeks ago. Robben is playing some great fusion again, this one's even better than their prior collaboration.

BTW Robben's Youtube channel now has a welcome video with the PRS.

Last edited:
PRS has humbucker split setting throughout his PRS takes followed by a warmer non split tone on the Les Paul takes after.

(Which Robben states in the video and I only mention in case any of you don’t watch the entire vid and are comparing the split coil tone of Robben’s PRS vs the warmer and killer tone of his Les Paul in the second half of this video)

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I must admit, I am super disappointed that they made only 200 of these. That means that they will be only unobtainable collector’s pieces. Boo.

You know how it goes, they sell out in a day or two for 6k and are on Reverb the next week for 10-15k.

The instagram just told me that John Mann's Guitar Vault has one of these in stock. Go get em' boys!

I must admit, I am super disappointed that they made only 200 of these. That means that they will be only unobtainable collector’s pieces. Boo.

You know how it goes, they sell out in a day or two for 6k and are on Reverb the next week for 10-15k.
Less than the last 3 core models I looked at!

The MAP is surprising - I would have guessed higher.

They did say "only 200 in 2022"...that implies maybe more next year?

I was surprised at that as well. I guess, painted so no fancy top, but I was still surprised that it was less than I expected. Which is something I haven't said in about 2 years now...

Good catch. There’s a big difference between only 200 “ever” and “only 200 made in the last 2.5 months of 2022”.

I take this as: if you want one anytime soon…you might want to plunk down the credit card sooner than later or you might be waiting awhile.”

Who knows…but I just ordered one and believe it or not…I’m not a lawyer or a dentist.

Anyone notice the HDRX 20 video after this one?!?
I was equally surprised at the price point, better than a new McCarty from the last time I checked. Honestly though I cannot rationalize another McCarty. The few tones we get to hear in the videos are very pleasing to the ears but I didn't really hear anything outside of a regular McCarty, not saying there aren't just haven't heard anything that I could justify another McCarty...also must stay the course and continue to save up for a Paul's guitar lol

Back