Robben Ford Signature Release Date?

Interesting it's a double cut. All things considered, I was expecting it to be a single cut. Maybe there's two?

Of course there's two, it's a double cut!

giphy.gif

It’s going to be tough convincing people that it’s THAT MUCH better than a used Cu22 or a McCarty.
I’m definitely interested in hearing how it could be.
I agree with this 100%
When they did the Joe Walsh there really didn't seem to be all that much different from the 594 Singlecut. I have listened to a few snippets here and there regarding this guitar but I would love to hear him play a Cu22 or McCarty to compare and contrast. I will say I appreciate the simplicity of the guitar's looks. I think the bigger variable will come down to what makes the pickups his own. I know he was big with 335s and his previous sig was a fender so this is a significant take off from his "norm". I guess we will just have to wait and see (and hear).

I remember the days in the late '90s and early '00s when people on forums would accuse PRSes of being 'furniture guitars', or 'lacking personality', and say things like, 'name an artist who's good besides Carlos who plays a PRS'.

Back then, Robben was THE MAN when it came to tones lots of players wanted to achieve.

And now this iconic player is a PRS player. I'd call that a pretty good outcome.
It’s going to be tough convincing people that it’s THAT MUCH better than a used Cu22 or a McCarty.
I’m definitely interested in hearing how it could be.
It doesn't need to be better (after all, there is no such thing as better, just what works best for a given player). It just needs to be different, and be its own thing. My sense is that the pickups and controls will differentiate it, just as they do the DGT.

I think it'll be easy convincing people to buy it if they're looking for that type of guitar, as it was with the Joe Walsh.

When they did the Joe Walsh there really didn't seem to be all that much different from the 594 Singlecut.

And it's not easy to find a new Walsh to buy. I see one new one listed on Reverb, and it's in the UK. PRS had no trouble selling every one they made.

Of course, the best feature is that the headstock can double as a ping-pong paddle, which, c'mon! Every player's fantasy fulfilled! :)

I remember the days in the late '90s and early '00s when people on forums would accuse PRSes of being 'furniture guitars', or 'lacking personality', and say things like, 'name an artist who's good besides Carlos who plays a PRS'.

Back then, Robben was THE MAN when it came to tones lots of players wanted to achieve.

And now this iconic player is a PRS player. I'd call that a pretty good outcome.

It doesn't need to be better (after all, there is no such thing as better, just what works best for a given player). It just needs to be different, and be its own thing. My sense is that the pickups and controls will differentiate it, just as they do the DGT.

I think it'll be easy convincing people to buy it if they're looking for that type of guitar, as it was with the Joe Walsh.

And it's not easy to find a new Walsh to buy. I see one new one listed on Reverb, and it's in the UK. PRS had no trouble selling every one they made.

Of course, the best feature is that the headstock can double as a ping-pong paddle, which, c'mon! Every player's fantasy fulfilled! :)

There’s 3! The one at Music Street looks a bit like the “Hammer of the Gods”.

Back