RIP Peter "PatentCAD" - longtime PRS player / forum member

Kiwi

Peter Cotsis, known on several guitar forums as "patentCAD", was struck and killed while riding his bicycle a few days ago.

https://midhudsonnews.com/2020/06/25/cyclist-struck-and-killed-in-goshen/

He was a longtime, and early, member of the (then unofficial) PRS Forum, before it morphed into TheGearPage.net. He did the group trips to the PRS factory and was well known for his wit, opinions, brains, and his love of PRS guitars. I'm guessing some of the older people here will remember him too.

This sad news was originally posted over at TGP, where a bunch of us recall him well. You can see recollections and photos of Pete at PRS events.

Besides guitar, he was an expert cyclist and road rider, and it's doubly sad that he was killed on his bike.

--K

his love of PRS guitars. I'm guessing some of the older people here will remember him too.

Guess I fall into that category, like it or not! :) I remember him quite well. He could be opinionated, but he also had a great curiosity about all things guitar, bicycles, and even motorcycles, which he was just getting into. He had some fantastic guitars, but I never met him face to face at the old events. Anyway, quite sad, and agree, 2020 is surely taking a royal dump (so far).

Son of a *****!

Peter loved to ride... It's so sad his passion took his life...

We had traded guitars, several times in the past, and he was as passionate about his guitars as anyone I know...

I remember the first (or was it the 2nd?) PRS "Forum" event, when we all did the road trip out to Washington Music. Meader had the entire store lined with guitar cases opened along their "yellow brick road". As we walked in, we both saw this translucent Cranberry SAS and both went for it at the same time.He beat me by a split second and would not put that damn guitar down the rest of the morning! He left with it, much to my chagrin...

A few years later, just as he had promised that day, when (and I knew there would be w when, as he bought and sold guitars like a mad man) he he sold it, he gave me my "dibs". I bought it, and enjoyed it for years, before I moved it along...

He'll be missed...

Back