RIP Navarro Core Model

Drew

Looks like this particular axe got the ax. That was one of my favorite PRS. I always regretted parting with mine.

I think it's a really nice looking guitar, but what is the main draw of the Navarro? I wouldn't mind owning one :)

Coil tapped CU24 in white (or black). Mine has a Brazzy fingerboard. Nice option if you don't like the 5-way blade selector.

I'd really love to know why Paul decided to get rid of the toggle. I asked on the reddit thing the other day and he avoided that question :/

Coil tapped CU24 in white (or black). Mine has a Brazzy fingerboard. Nice option if you don't like the 5-way blade selector.

Nice, it's the same setup as my Standard 24. I do like the Brazzy board and it looks dumb classy in Jet White. Damn...looks like I get to add one to my wish list of PRS guitars

What was the appeal? Was Navarro a great guitarist? It seems like a everyday thing to me.

I'd really love to know why Paul decided to get rid of the toggle. I asked on the reddit thing the other day and he avoided that question :/

Some people (myself included) dig the speed of changing over to those split positions without having to hit a toggle and pull up on a knob to get to those tones quickly. The blade switch doesn't really add time going just from bridge to neck position, either. Might be his reasoning as well?

On topic - The Navarro was a cool model. I dig the jet white finish and I had one with a super dark Brazilian Rosewood board a while back and it played great, just didn't bond with the thinner neck.

Well, for some time it was one the only regularly produced white PRS on the market. If I was a 24 fret trem guy, I'd buy one.

i have 2 2013 braz Navarros one i have never played. I have noticed PRS has dropped the signature model. Yet there is one 2014 model with ebony headstock overlay out there for sale

Back