RIP Johnny Winter

That's sad news. I can't think of Beaumont without thinking of him, and vice versa. May he Rest In Peace.

Lloyd

I was just reading about this a few minutes ago, sad to hear.
I read a recent article on him in one of the three guitar mags I subscribe to, he had a very hard life full of drugs and booze.

Huge loss. Great guitarist. Years back the old production company I worked for provided backline for him and he used one of my heads. Couldn't believe that tone came out of that amp. Guy was a magician

On of my early inspirations...

I wore the sh!t out of "Johnny Winter And..."

Mine too/me too. Posted a pic of the album cover on my FB feed in memorium.

Today, realized I no longer had the album - so, iTunes fixed that pronto.

Listening to It's My Own Fault right now - holy $hit!

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag359/wefixflats/img006_zpsc708ae92.jpg

My first 'Johnny Winter and'... Concert. Me and my Army buddies waited and waited, Matthews Southern Comfort didn't play. And then the lights went down(around 10pm) and a single spotlight lit the stage and Johnny proceeded to walk, literally, off the front of it. Then you saw a skinny white arm holding his guitar (White Firebird) crawl, leg by leg back up. The 99.9% German fans in the audience went completely nuts and so did the 0.1% of the GIs. I think they were using either Hi-Watts or Marshalls, whatever. But for the next 90 or so minutes they played like it was their last gig on Earth. Loud, Intense and Mindblowing. One of the classic, 'You had to be there' moments in my concert history permanently burned into memory.

Last edited:
Back