RIP Ginger Baker

Sad. Some people listened to "Sunshine Of Your Love" and thought that was the kind of drummer he was. Very special.

"Beware Of Mr Baker" was a 2012 documentary. May still be available on Netflix or Prime.

One of my pooches is named Ginger after Ginger Baker. He's bummed.....

Ahoi52I.jpg

Is he the one you had a video of chasing the commuter train?

Nope. That's another Chicago area forum member. Similar looking pooch. I have posted a vid of him spinning in circles and taking off after the bus. He's past 15 now, so he only manages to perk up a little when the bus goes by now :(

I dig GB. :( What a unique style he had.

Kind of reminded me of the Allman Bros, laidback style. Wasn't precise or especially tight, but did the job needed. GB wasn't the "best" drummer, though consider his days during Cream and beyond were indeed a charmed life...

Beyond his technical skills and "anarchistic antisocial behaviour" Ginger was an early succesfull "whitte coloured" pioneer and discoverer of the african style drumming".
He incorporated this style into his own playing magnificently. Not many drummers could achieve that..but at the same time, later on, many drummers benefited from his early african music orientated experience afterwards incorporating parts of Gingers drumming into their own style..

Last edited:
Back