RIP - Frankie Clarke

I must say thank you to start off, so much was said by so many of you that deserves a thank you. I have known Frank for over 40 years as a tech for him and as neighbor friend and student while he was a sub teacher at Crossland High School. He will surely be missed on stage and at school. Most certainly by those close family and friends. What I value most I learned from Frankie was to be me and give value and make a difference in others lives on the way through this life. And .... im am not too old and its not TOO LOUD! blessings fellow rockers :)

The only upside I can find is that I’ve posted in so many remembrance threads in Frankie’s honor that I’ve lost track of which ones I’ve left posts. What a great gift to impact the world in such a positive way? Inspiring. Impressive.

I never knew Frankie, but I sure have seen Casper several times on this pages through the years. Iconic PRS if I may say so. r.i.p.

Same for me - I never met him, but I was a fan of his posts and his sense of humor here. Sympathies to his family, and I think we are all a bit diminished here now.

I think PRS should buy "Casper" if his family would part with it, and add it to their vault collection. That iconic guitar was played, and it was played hard.

Every time someone at ThatGuitarPlace dismissed PRS guitars as pretty things for cork sniffing lawyers and dentists, we'd see a reply picture of "Casper." It was that famous.

=K

Last edited:
My best wishes to his family and friends. I have fond memories of talking to him. He had vast knowledge of guitars. I would chat with him for hours on end at crazy hours of the night. He loved my baby blue 86. We talked about standards with birds, Burny guitars, his mxr phase 90. What a great guy.

From one of his online obituary pages, a wonderful photo:

a4d0a8d9-d030-4a4c-a485-d34099f4a28a.jpg

I never dealt with him too often, but he seemed so down to earth. He posted a WTB add for some parts, but I just sent them to him gratis. Too sad, I would have liked to know him better.
RIP,
Tony

Back