RIP - Frankie Clarke

Wow! Frankie was not old enough to die. Was he ill? I remember when I first learned that Frankie had a day gig as a teacher.

I discovered after posting that Frankie was sick enough that the band took a hiatus. That means Frankie had to have been really sick because I cannot think of more committed local guitarist.

Last edited:
Oh, man...:(
Missed that in the other thread. Sad. My condolences to his loved ones. RIP Frankie

Dang. Frankie was part of the old BaM crew and kind of took me under his wing there...

Some of his humor:

"Old people smell funny."
"I used to stack my Spaghettios upside down so when you open the can, they'd schloooorkkk into my bowl."

Rest well, Frankie, it wasn't supposed to be your time yet.

never heard of him but man what an obituary! also calling zep the ‘penultimate rock band’ is HEAVY shade.

Saw him play quite a few times, and we spoke at EXP events. Nice guy. RIP

If Frankie’s family is amenable to it, I believe that Casper belongs in the PRS archives. Frankie was an early adopter. He took an expensive chance on an unproven company (the Standard 24 was simply “The PRS Guitar” at that point in time). The world needs to see a PRS guitar that was loved that much. Casper is true relic that got that way by Frankie playing it for decades. Frankie played that guitar like it owed him money. :)

If Frankie’s family is amenable to it, I believe that Casper belongs in the PRS archives. Frankie was an early adopter. He took an expensive chance on an unproven company (the Standard 24 was simply “The PRS Guitar” at that point in time). The world needs to see a PRS guitar that was loved that much. Casper is true relic that got that way by Frankie playing it for decades. Frankie played that guitar like it owed him money. :)

Whew! I agree at least a little bit. But "that belongs in a museum" is a whole other thing when there are people alive who may have a vested interest in the artifact. I don't know who might agree or disagree but hope that doesn't devolve into a nasty fight.

Whew! I agree at least a little bit. But "that belongs in a museum" is a whole other thing when there are people alive who may have a vested interest in the artifact. I don't know who might agree or disagree but hope that doesn't devolve into a nasty fight.

As mentioned, if his family is amenable to the idea. I suspect that there is significant emotional attachment to the instrument and what it represents. As an instrument devoid of its history, Casper’s value plummets . That guitar is well beyond reaching player’s grade. Unlike the Fender world, people who purchase PRS guitars are not looking for instruments that have been rode hard and put away wet. Most people who purchase PRS guitars do so for how they look and their condition as well as how they play. Casper has decades of sweat, smoke, and beer ingrained in it, which can be seen by Lenny’s comment about the set screw being corroded in place. That is galvanic corrosion caused by the transfer of electrons between dissimilar metals in the presence of an electrolyte. The electrolyte in this case is human sweat.

Last edited:
@Em7 I read your post, gods that sounds awful, sorry m8. Glad you made it out the other side!

It was an experience that do not want to repeat, but posting it in this thread was wrong. It is easy for threads to go off-topic on this forum. I would hate to be the initiator of a detour in this case. The intention was to get older members of the forum to think about taking care of their heart health before it is too late. I survived a heart attack that should have killed me. Frankie was not that fortunate.

Back