RIP - Frankie Clarke

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
PRS artist, former BaM member, and owner of Casper Frankie Clarke has died.

This was posted in the Card Holders Roll Call thread, but I thought Frankie deserved his own thread.

The posts in that thread start here - https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/card-holders-roll-call.41471/page-2#post-561941.

I got to see Frankie’s band a couple times - he always dedicated this to the troops.

RIP, Frankie.

EDIT TO ADD: @Buildermike has posted a link to the gofundme campaign for Frankie's family elsewhere in this thread. https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/rip-frankie-clarke.43402/page-3#post-562792

Last edited:
Oh, that's not the news I was hoping to see at the top of the new forum threads... :(

Hadn't seen him in quite some time, but he was right at the heart of many magical times at the early PRS experiences.

Feel like part of me is missing now.

Frankie was explianing that he'd use this stuff as a face or hair product, but never use it on a guitar. If you've seen Casper, you'd believe him 100%:

Frankie-Ian.jpg

Frankie Clarke was a major dude. He was wicked-smart and a seriously decent human being. Spend some time looking through the many tributes across the net and you will see that Frankie wasn't just the King of PRS players, he was a positive force in the real-world and his passing looms large.

My heart goes out to his wife, his children and the many who knew and loved him. This is a hard day.

i-XgJRRxb.jpg

i-hTVQ2zG.jpg

i-dCbhNhQ.jpg

Last edited:
Frankie was a major presence in the South Maryland rock scene as well as Ocean City with his various bands for four decades. He just played non-stopped. But more importantly, he was a teacher that kids loved have. He was just as passionate with teaching as he was with playing guitar, all in. RIP Frankie

I got to meet Frankie at one of the Experience events. He was also at the Thorn gathering at Invisible Sound Studio that year. Just a great guy to meet and hang with. We ended up conversing online a few times as well. No doubt a huge loss. Fly high and RIP sir. :(

I never knew Frankie, but I sure have seen Casper several times on this pages through the years. Iconic PRS if I may say so. r.i.p.

I was devastated to hear about Frankie's passing. He was great fun and we went and saw his band many times in So. MD as well as have him over to jam, along with the many get togethers and PRS open house days.

RIP Frankie, you will be missed!

Back