RIP Dusty Hill

RIP, sir.

Finally got to see them a couple years ago. Great show - man, Dusty and BFG were just telepathically locked together. 50+ years with the same lineup.

:(

ForthrightThinBichonfrise-small.gif

That sucks. One of the few bands I always wanted to see live but never did. RIP Dusty

I have fond memories of learning how to play stuff from Antenna. It was around the time I picked up the guitar and was able to struggle my way through some of the riffs. Great times. My second ever concert was seeing them on that tour. There was just no denying the mojo. Rest easy, Dusty. My thoughts go out to his fans, friends, and family.

One of my favorite Rock stories is how the Zombies became a huge hit in the states after they'd already disbanded back in England so an American promoter decided to field a fake Zombies band in 1969 and send them an a US tour (without the actual Zombies knowledge or permission or audience knowledge that they weren't THE Zombies from the records). Two of the four men on the pretend Zombies: Frank Beard ad Dusty Hill.

Eventually the real Zombies figured it out and broke up the fakers so Hill and Beard formed a new band with Billy Gibbons in 1970. And that band stuck around for 50 years.

RIP Dusty Hill

Back