RIP David Crosby

Doh! I loved those Q&A sessions he was doing for a while, he had some really good answers to peoples questions!!

++++++++++++++
If you smile at me, I will understand
'Cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language
++++++++++++++
- Wooden Ships by CSN

Smiling at you David!!! Jam in Peace!!!!

Beck , Lisa Marie, Crosby ... dang an it's only january I told my 31 year old daughter who was consoling me over the recent losses .. I'm at that age where all my Inspirational Icons ..are leaving us ...a reminder that all things are impermanent , and ENJOY each day and Rock ON .

RIP David

Wow, another classic icon gone. What a voice, what a songwriter. If you were a fan and haven't yet done so, his documentary "David Crosby: Remember My Name" is worthwhile. He's brutally honest about his faults, and apologetic and still lovable.

The Deja Vu album was one of the many soundtracks of my later teenage years. Part of an amazing time in music.

Miss those days and you will be missed Mr. Crosby.

I believe Warren Hayne's quote was "It wasn't a surprise but it was still a shock". Croz always seemed like a cat-a Cheshire cat perhaps- whose 9th life would never quite come around despite frequent concern whether or not he could still land on his feet. His music was significant, influential and deep. His spirit irrepressible and unique. I was blessed to see him quite a few times, one show from about 3 rows back, where you could see his mischievous "scowl on the face but a smile in the eyes" playfulness. Thanks for the music. RIP

Ever since it first came out, his first solo album "If I Could Only Remember My Name" has always been one of my top five favorites. If you've never heard it before I highly recommend putting on a set of headphones and listening. At the time he had just lost his girlfriend when she died in an auto accident, and I recall reading the engineer for the album talking about how David would sometimes just sit in the darkened studio and cry.

He wrote some of the most beautiful music I've heard in my lifetime. I was lucky enough to see him twice, once with the Byrds back in 1966 and again several years ago when he did a solo show. Croz, don't argue with your maker, ok?

Back