RIP Christine McVie

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
It’s been posted elsewhere, but I wanted to post something on the deep loss the music world has experienced with Christine McVie leaving us yesterday. Her voice awakened something in my heart when I first heard it as a 16 year old many years ago, not (I believe) coincidentally the same year I traded off drums and started playing guitar. Often overshadowed by larger personalities and drama that surrounded Fleetwood Mac, she was the calm soul of the band and was the voice behind many of their biggest hits. Easily as identifiable as any voice in FM, or any voice pretty much anywhere, she continued her excellent songwriting, singing, and hit-making in her solo career. Her effect on music is underrated, as is her effect on the success of Fleetwood Mac. Fly on, SongBird, you’ll be sorely missed by all.

RIP Christine McVie
July 12, 1943 - November 30, 2022
”For you, there’ll be no more crying”

It’s been posted elsewhere, but I wanted to post something on the deep loss the music world has experienced with Christine McVie leaving us yesterday. Her voice awakened something in my heart when I first heard it as a 16 year old many years ago, not (I believe) coincidentally the same year I traded off drums and started playing guitar. Often overshadowed by larger personalities and drama that surrounded Fleetwood Mac, she was the calm soul of the band and was the voice behind many of their biggest hits. Easily as identifiable as any voice in FM, or any voice pretty much anywhere, she continued her excellent songwriting, singing, and hit-making in her solo career. Her effect on music is underrated, as is her effect on the success of Fleetwood Mac. Fly on, SongBird, you’ll be sorely missed by all.

RIP Christine McVie
July 12, 1943 - November 30, 2022
”For you, there’ll be no more crying”
I think you said it all there Rick! I have nothing to add!!

Back