RIP Chick Corea

Huggy Love

Vintage member
It's with great sadness I say that Jazz & Fusion Great Chick Corea passed away at the age of 79. Instrumental in the development of Jazz Rock Fusion, sideman with Miles Davis on legendary recordings like "Bitches Brew", and the man that put PRS legend Al DiMeola on the musical map. His influence on my songwriting and playing is obvious and a driving force that has kept me playing for all these years.

He will be deeply missed in the Jazz community, RIP. Chick Corea.

Amen...and so true....One of the Pioneers of the 70's Instrumental Fusion movement.
AND...Introduced me (and many others) to Al D. and Stanley C...

Again, All I can say is...Thank you, Chick, ...

and Crap.:(

Last edited:
We saw him with Return to Forever in an intimate little venue here in Omaha. I enjoyed the show but just didn't, at the time, fully appreciate his genius.

RIP Chick

When I was in high school and started playing guitar in the jazz band, I looked for "jazz" impression for my solos...bought Return To Forever's "Romantic Warrior" and listened to it for months. Our jazz band director wasn't sure what to think of the kid who was channeling Carlos Santana and Al DiMeola on his G&L Strat :rolleyes:. Chick was a genius, I really enjoyed the duets with Gary Burton. I found this nugget from Chick and Mayer's collaboration in 2016, that unfortunately never got released.

Back