Ringing coming from Trem Bridge, help please

Alex Clark

Hi all.
I bought a 2020 CE24 about 2 months ago, and within the past couple of days there has been some buzzing/ringing emanating from the bridge area. I adjusted the truss rod, check my action, and everything looks fine. It started with the low E, and now its also on the A string. When I pluck (either with a pick or my finger) from the 10-17th fret, there's a ringing buzz the emanates from the bridge area. I've also held down the springs in the back while plucking, and it still occurs. I have no idea what to do. Should this beauty be sent back for a check-up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My guess would be the trem springs, put some foam material between them. Even some paper towel could work... Did you touch the trem springs with the back cover off? Or did you try to touch them from the strings changing opening in the back?

My guess would be the trem springs, put some foam material between them. Even some paper towel could work... Did you touch the trem springs with the back cover off? Or did you try to touch them from the strings changing opening in the back?
Thanks for the reply. I've taken the back plate off and actually filled the springs with cloth material. They're completely silent at this point. When the notes are picked it sounds like the ringing is directly from the saddle, or maybe even the metal bridge itself. Thanks again for the reply.

Next thing to check is, if the intonation adjustment screws in the back of the trem are bolted to the saddle, of the small springs back there make the noise. Another thing to check is the saddle height adjustment screws. See if both screws on each saddle touch the base or if one is looser than the other.
Another source could be the pickup height adjustment screws and springs. Try changing the height of the bridge pickup to see if it disappears
Lastly, if this has happened after a string change, check if the string ball end has been fitted correctly in its place. This could cause some tuning issues as well...
Can't think of anything else...

Next thing to check is, if the intonation adjustment screws in the back of the trem are bolted to the saddle, of the small springs back there make the noise. Another thing to check is the saddle height adjustment screws. See if both screws on each saddle touch the base or if one is looser than the other.
Another source could be the pickup height adjustment screws and springs. Try changing the height of the bridge pickup to see if it disappears
Lastly, if this has happened after a string change, check if the string ball end has been fitted correctly in its place. This could cause some tuning issues as well...
Can't think of anything else...

Wow, thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to try all these things and get back to you on this forum. Thanks a ton

I think I finally got it. It was a combination of two things: Changing the A string's saddle height and placing electrical tape on the trem springs. As of now the sound(s) is completely gone. I really think that there might have been a difference in the saddle screws which led to a contact point (which gave the humming/ring). Thank you again so much Jazzedout.

This sound wasn't really a nice "ring", but more like a clear subtle buzz (not fret buzz). The amp picked it up too. When playing certain tri-chords higher up, it sounded like I had simply hit the wrong note the sound was so evident. Trust me, it didn't add haha. Thanks all.

Back