Ring bling! (P22 eye-lift)

Kiwi

New-to-me clean used P22 in Orange Tiger, came with white (not crème) pickup rings and open PRS 57/08 pickups.

Because I am deeply shallow, and overly concerned with appearances, I wanted a different look.

Flame maple pickup rings (from John Guilford) and a long-stashed set of PRS unobtainium 53/10 pickups. I rubbed the raw maple with mineral oil, which darkened them just enough to match the "natural" binding on the guitar. The mineral oil also darkens the tone, of course. :D

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Ready for my closeup:

I got them off eBay. I forgot the sellers name, but you can search for the knobs. I found that the speed knob ones don't fit, but the lampshade ones fit just fine

I'm just as shallow as kiwi. After putting rosewood rings on one of my guitars I've decided to put them in all of them. They just look so good.

I've got rosewood rings and toggle switch cap for my McCarty coming. Can't wait.

I got them off eBay. I forgot the sellers name, but you can search forBBC sb the knobs. I found that the speed knob ones don't fit, but the lampshade ones fit just fine

All I can find are wood speed knobs. I don't like the look of those but I like the lampshade knobs for sure.

The seller is hailwood-guitars on eBay. They get to the states very quickly from Germany too. Sometimes they have a lot and other times it's really limited

Back