Rewritten, Maybe Improved - American Anthem

László

Too Many Notes
In this I wanted to have a theme that was particularly American, but with a hint of Vangelis' types of synth sounds as in Chariots. It's been reworked, tweaked, remixed, blah blah blah. It's short, but not too bad!

I'm probably going to develop it a bit further and make it into something longer.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/31478/americana-anthem

See I’m getting panoramic views of the Highlands, sweeping majestically through the Glens.

Eagles, yes, but not bald ones.

A thrombosis (yes this is the accepted term for a group larger than three and a half) of Haggis, grazing peacefully on the mountain side.

Beautiful as always Les, emotionally provoking. Always a pleasure to experience your compositions

Definitely Americana! I think I had a vision of Kevin Costner walking out of a cornfield onto a baseball diamond while listening to it!! I say forge ahead tone tamer (ooh, that's a new song for me, Tone Tamer)!!!

Happy tamin'!
MW

What are you doing for drums on these? Are you playing a kit, digital, program.....?

Orchestral snare, orchestral bass drum, and tympani (based on a blend of EastWest and other sample libraries layered in as needed to fill out the sound). The synth is a Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12, and there are string samples from various libraries layered in, as well as some brass.

Back