Reverb, Windchimes, and Man Feelings

Nice, not just a potty mouth! ;)

Ace, A1 etc....In the spirit i listened to them on headphones while doing housework

Your singer is great and the tunes are too - really catchy riffs. Sounds to me like some bruno mars and alabama shakes in places. The music is mixed well, i mean both are prominant. I really dug them all except the singing on the spanish one i suppose, and got bored with zadadoon repeated over, great track though.

Very commercial to boot, hope things happen, even if its just more fun.

As long as your other band members are pretty good looking you guys could be pretty successful. The rhythm section's pretty solid, and the vocals are really good - the singer has got a naturally nice voice and he knows how to use it. The guitar playing is great by both you and the singer. I like the keys thrown in from time to time. The songs are solid and danceable which the ladies will dig.

However, I'd agree about some of the mixing choices. The lows are way overboard and woofy and there's no airiness in the high end. That said, my mixes almost always sound like that too. I'll spend hours working on a mix that I think is cool and then take it out to the car and it'll sound like this. It's always a challenge to get that low end tightened up but still sounding fat, and to get a nice airiness and chime on top without any shrillness.

KILLER Stuff - Purchased my copy !!
Thanks for the plug Sergio

Aww thanks, Mike. Seriously, I do love the LBH. Before it got mixed it was so perfectly nasty.

Forgot to check - is Zadadoon a cover of the ELO/Olivia Newton-John song? :rolleyes:

I wish!

As long as your other band members are pretty good looking you guys could be pretty successful. The rhythm section's pretty solid, and the vocals are really good - the singer has got a naturally nice voice and he knows how to use it. The guitar playing is great by both you and the singer. I like the keys thrown in from time to time. The songs are solid and danceable which the ladies will dig.

However, I'd agree about some of the mixing choices. The lows are way overboard and woofy and there's no airiness in the high end. That said, my mixes almost always sound like that too. I'll spend hours working on a mix that I think is cool and then take it out to the car and it'll sound like this. It's always a challenge to get that low end tightened up but still sounding fat, and to get a nice airiness and chime on top without any shrillness.

Yeah, the boy (minus my old fat @ss) are pretty good lookin’. I keep telling them to move me to the back of the stage and swap places with the percussionist but they can’t seem to wrap their heads around the concept.

The bottom end is wonky because the percussionist, who mixed it, is a club kid and a DJ. It was his first “real” band project and everything was new to him, managing that low end stuff kinda takes time and experience.

Like I said, I really should have found time to help him out a bit more but... he did a commendable job for a first timer with no budget, and he has an incredibly positive attitude. At a certain point we all just kind of left him alone to fend for himself to finish the project, so my apprehension towards some decisions is unwarranted.

Just catching this thread...was out of internet access for most of the week (You'd think by now Alabama would have heard about the internet:p). Very nice stuff Sergio!

Duuuude! I'm just catching up myself...these are killer! Kudos to you and your boys. I really dig the chilled/energetic vibe!

I just listened to these thru my cans. Very cool! I'm gonna go ahead and say... you guys are now one of my go-to tracks for my late night sesh from now on.;) keep em coming bro!

Last edited:
Duuuude! I'm just catching up myself...these are killer! Kudos to you and your boys. I really dig the chilled/energetic vibe!

I just listened to these thru my cans. Very cool! I'm gonna go ahead and say... you guys are now one of my go-to tracks for my late night sesh from now on.;) keep em coming bro!

That’s nice of you to say, Scott, thanks!

Just love the Mediterranean/Latin groove!

Always hard not to be hyper critical when you’re on the recording.

I really enjoyed them, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, even though we’re kinda all over the place style wise, there’s always a bit of a Latin feel with the band, it’s one of the main reasons I enjoy playing with them.

Thanks for listening, buddy.

Back