Reverb Pedals - Let's Talk Favorites!

Most of my amps have reverb built in, using a spring tank. For those that don't, I use a T.C. Electronic Hall Of Fame mini in the effects loop. I have a spring reverb profile loaded into it. I like it because it is one knob. It is very clean sounding and if I get tired of the sound of it, I can change it from my phone.

Most of my amps have reverb built in, using a spring tank. For those that don't, I use a T.C. Electronic Hall Of Fame mini in the effects loop. I have a spring reverb profile loaded into it. I like it because it is one knob. It is very clean sounding and if I get tired of the sound of it, I can change it from my phone.
I have the full size version. I know there are probably better units, but it's versatile and sounds good. If I was primarily a clean tone player, I'd move upstream, but for what I do the TC is good.

The Empress Reverb is a Stunner! Amazing pedal

I play clean humbuckers through big clean amps to stay clean. I know from clean, if I may say. I use reverb. I don't like spring reverb.

May I point you toward the T Rex Room Mate pedal?

I have acquired three of them over the years. It's that good. The tube is actually in the circuit, not just cosmetic. Warm, lush reverb - and I've tried all the others. The Plate mode is stunning - it's simply the always-on reverb for me.

Here's where things get very interesting with the Room Mate. Yes, it's a digital chip, warmed up by running it through the tube at high voltage. But a buddy who's a TI chip engineer did some poking around.

The Room Mate uses just 4 of the available 16 effects options on the Sharq chip, he told me. I then sent one of the Room Mates to a pedal guy who modded it. He installed a tiny knob and dial and I now get the other 12 effects - delay, slapback, chorus, combos of same, and several more reverbs. It's the best money I ever spent.

=K

Last edited:
I play clean humbuckers through big clean amps to stay clean. I know from clean, if I may say. I use reverb. I don't like spring reverb.

May I point you toward the T Rex Room Mate pedal?

I have acquired three of them over the years. It's that good. The tube is actually in the circuit, not just cosmetic. Warm, lush reverb - and I've tried all the others. The Plate mode is stunning - it's simply the always-on reverb for me.

Here's where things get very interesting with the Room Mate. Yes, it's a digital chip, warmed up by running it through the tube at high voltage. But a buddy who's a TI chip engineer did some poking around.

The Room Mate uses just 4 of the available 16 effects options on the Sharq chip, he told me. I then sent one of the Room Mates to a pedal guy who modded it. He installed a tiny knob and dial and I now get the other 12 effects - delay, slapback, chorus, combos of same, and several more reverbs. It's the best money I ever spent.

=K
intense!

TC Electronics Nova System or a Line 6 HX Effects handle my reverb and delay , The HX Effects also handles the drive for my Vibrolux

Strymon Big Sky anyone?

Neunaber Immerse Mk II?

Universal Audio Golden?

Eventide Black Hole?

I have had a blue sky for nearly 10 years now. I thought about the big sky and moving the blue sky to my mini-board BUT most of the places and contexts I was playing the reverb settings I liked at home were either too subtle to hear in the room or too washed out to hear note definition because of the instrumentation/mix.

If I were in a trio, I'd be looking very closely at a big sky.

Money no object, I'd find some way to take a plate reverb unit everywhere. That's the best sound non-natural reverb I've ever experienced.

Started at a TC HOF. Very good, especially for the $, considering how many different ‘verbs they pack into such a small pedal.
Swapped the HOF for a Neunaber Expanse programmable reverb with the EXP remote footswitch. Some fantastic quality reverbs, but required too much programming/tweaking to get useable sounds.
Traded that for a Strymon Flint. Dead simple to get just the right amount of reverb. It has 3 different reverbs - spring, plate, and hall. As an added bonus it has a top notch tremolo section.
Of the 3 reverbs I have owned, the Flint is king and won’t be leaving my board any time soon.

Back