Reverb nonsense

I always love those "I don't care if it sells, I will probably keep it", posts. If you wanted to keep it, you wouldn't have taken the time to list it in hopes someone not familiar would actually pay your price.

Not trying to pick a fight, just giving you the other point if view. I have a Taylor PS14ce Cocobolo listed by a friend on there right now for 10K. Check it out it is gorgeous. It is a 2015. None of the items on that guitar are available right now collectively. My buddy has gotten some hate mail about how some say they can get the same guitar for almost half the price. Simply not true. My listing is clear the guitar can no longer be spec'ed this way and still the hate. What is wrong, or the difference with getting a good deal with a justified price. I have no problem keeping it if I don't get what I know it is worth. The market seems prime to sell it, so why not.Meanwhile some Reverbites gripe at my posting and I do not know why. I am simply making a unicorn available, or what I believe to be a unicorn. If someone does'nt like it, I don't know why the complaining. Dont buy it. Just like all those people say, "If you don't like it change the channel". I am begininning to the enter the market for a camaro ss convertible. The prices right now are high so I will patiently wait. If someone has to have one of these cars, I am happy for the buyer and the seller. I am not gonna complain about it. That's all. No malice in my words and no nonsense in my reverb listing.

Last edited:
Some fresh nonsense!

I have a semi hollow Vela, it’s great.
I have a Reclaimed Limited CE24, it’s great.

However, a modified RL Vela for $5800 and both E strings are wrapped the wrong way? Paul’s sig shouldn’t triple its value…
Well, the tuning stability of PRS's headstock design just doesn't allow for much audience banter while tuning, so a little reverse-stringing ingenuity, and you're back to rambling into the mic after every song, and sometimes during!

But am I weird or old to think that, if I were going to post a guitar for sale, and especially ask nearly $6K with shipping, it'd be a good idea to pick up any crumpled tissues before photographing it, maybe avoid having my bare foot in the shot? That kind of thing.

Kudos for the pink coil cable, though?

I always love those "I don't care if it sells, I will probably keep it", posts. If you wanted to keep it, you wouldn't have taken the time to list it in hopes someone not familiar would actually pay your price.
Who, who is shopping on Reverb and looking at dozens of Silver Skys for sale, doesn't know what they sell for?

My response to an overpriced listing: Don’t buy it. It’s not like anyone’s holding a gun to a buyer’s head. If it’s overpriced, and no one is willing to pay the price, then it won’t sell.

Edit: My response relates to legitimate listings with accurate descriptions. I certainly do have a problem with sellers providing inaccurate or deceptive information.

Last edited:
Like many things, the pricing habits today are built on a feeding frenzy that is based in taking advantage of the buying frenzy that happens every time the ”short supply” message goes out. Both sides cause it, and it’s not a good thing for anyone in the end.

I think Reverb's policy of not listing selling price on sold items--only asking--is throwing off how much many think guitars are selling for. So I suspect nearly everyone is listing with a higher price and awaiting offers, while buyers are are making offers or even just seeing if one shows up after watching. Of course, that doesn't account for those asking absurdly high prices, but I think at this point listing prices are viewed as the opening negotiation.

Like many things, the pricing habits today are built on a feeding frenzy that is based in taking advantage of the buying frenzy that happens every time the ”short supply” message goes out. Both sides cause it, and it’s not a good thing for anyone in the end.

I'm not sure the pandemic used market is still strong. It seems like the "feeding frenzy" is over, and stuff isn't moving like it was.

I'm not sure the pandemic used market is still strong. It seems like the "feeding frenzy" is over, and stuff isn't moving like it was.
I agree, totally. Unfortunately the “asking price” people list still reflects the hope that the FOMO is still alive. That part hasn’t returned to the pre-pandemic levels, at least on the few items I track. What was normal pricing a few years ago is “a deal” now. I think the market will force a bit of correction, but like everything from gas to housing, the surge never goes completely away until something really bad happens to the market. Human nature, I guess.

Great for sellers, but sucks for buyers. I should be selling, really, and I’ve probably already missed the train. It’s looking like I’m semi-retired from regular gigging these days, and I always had many more guitars and amps than needed. Perhaps if I jump in as a seller, I wouldn’t be so negative about it. o_O

Some fresh nonsense!

I have a semi hollow Vela, it’s great.
I have a Reclaimed Limited CE24, it’s great.

However, a modified RL Vela for $5800 and both E strings are wrapped the wrong way? Paul’s sig shouldn’t triple its value…
Who here will "dare me" to make an offer? Of course, my standard opening offer... of $12!

I mean, I'm way closer to the real value than he is, so my offer is not as far off base as his asking price.

Who here will "dare me" to make an offer? Of course, my standard opening offer... of $12!

I mean, I'm way closer to the real value than he is, so my offer is not as far off base as his asking price.

AptGleamingBallpython-size_restricted.gif

Back