Reverb nonsense

I really should consider buying one of the UAD Lexicon reverbs that are on sale.

Or not. I dunno.

I like a good reverb, but I tend to favor impulse response reverbs. Still, the old Lexicon algorithmic reverbs did have a vibe.

on the forum I mentioned in last weeks thread, whenever someone did or said something really stupid at the Line 6 forum and even at TGP a few times (as Big Mike will remember! LOL) we'd get a message on the forum to "send in the Berts." We all had second screen names and "Bert" (yes, Bert form Sesame Street!) characters. We'd log in as the Berts and make all kinds of mainly goofy replies, nothing mean, and just totally take over a thread with goofy comments. Example, one time a guy was asking about changing the color of his guitar and I put up a pic of my original natural finish C22, and said "I got this one at a yard sale. Never heard of the brand, but figured it would be a good one to paint, since it doesn't have any color. I used black Krylon and it worked out great." The reaction to that post went on for days as multiple people who took it seriously replied in disbelief that I would paint "one of those something Smith guitars" as I called it in the thread.

Anyway, my screen name there was DreamBert, and I had a photoshop picture of Portnoy behind this HUGE set of drums, with Berts head. :p

Anyway, should we "send in the Berts?" :D

Was it one of the Bert Reed Smith guitars?

I have Photoshop. I'm good. <insert sly evil grin here>
Oh, I wasn't offering it. I can't. It's proprietary, and what with Portnoy not being in the band anymore, issomething of a collectors item.

I was just saying I'm ready :D So, you could maybe do "Bert Mustaine." :D

Oh, I wasn't offering it. I can't. It's proprietary, and what with Portnoy not being in the band anymore, issomething of a collectors item.

I was just saying I'm ready :D So, you could maybe do "Bert Mustaine." :D

My son is watching a Sky Arts documentary Art of Drumming in which Portnoy cites Ringo Starr as a huge influence to him.

I really should consider buying one of the UAD Lexicon reverbs that are on sale.

Or not. I dunno.

I like a good reverb, but I tend to favor impulse response reverbs. Still, the old Lexicon algorithmic reverbs did have a vibe.

If you are going for vibe, why not get actual hardware? My favorite reverb unit was a Dynacord DRP-20.

Or ... buy/make a plate!

All of this of course means you'd need a patch bay and cables, which is certainly going to put a dent in your wallet and an imposition on your clean-studio aesthetic.

Quite the trade-off for arguably negligible effect. I have a friend who works at UA, he'd probably be happier with you getting the plugin. =)

Well I clicked the op link to find "that listing has sold". Would love to have seen it. Was going to lowball...

This listing... sigh. Used for 24% above new!

Even if the Onyx color is discontinued as he claims Dave’s Guitars told him, there’s dozens on Reverb new at regular prices.

On top of that he has one feedback...FOR BUYING THIS GUITAR!!!

Scammers anger me.
Not a scammer, just an idiot.

Reverb suspended my account today because apparently there was an invoice due.

They never told me anything about it. zero communication and disable someones account.

What a bunch of morons. i’m done with it.

Reverb suspended my account today because apparently there was an invoice due.

They never told me anything about it. zero communication and disable someones account.

What a bunch of morons. i’m done with it.
I don’t think you understand the spirit of this thread.

Back