Reverb nonsense

Ok, I messaged him and he’s got a plausible explanation.

R6VudAS.jpg

Time for this Reverb White Knight to get off my high horse.

on the forum I mentioned in last weeks thread, whenever someone did or said something really stupid at the Line 6 forum and even at TGP a few times (as Big Mike will remember! LOL) we'd get a message on the forum to "send in the Berts." We all had second screen names and "Bert" (yes, Bert form Sesame Street!) characters. We'd log in as the Berts and make all kinds of mainly goofy replies, nothing mean, and just totally take over a thread with goofy comments. Example, one time a guy was asking about changing the color of his guitar and I put up a pic of my original natural finish C22, and said "I got this one at a yard sale. Never heard of the brand, but figured it would be a good one to paint, since it doesn't have any color. I used black Krylon and it worked out great." The reaction to that post went on for days as multiple people who took it seriously replied in disbelief that I would paint "one of those something Smith guitars" as I called it in the thread.

Anyway, my screen name there was DreamBert, and I had a photoshop picture of Portnoy behind this HUGE set of drums, with Berts head. :p

Anyway, should we "send in the Berts?" :D

He wrote me back today that he lowered the price, as he had no intention of taking advantage of anyone, and he appreciated my insight.
I'm guessing he was this - close to sincerity... how much did he lower it?

I did something similar on ebay last week. One store said he had the last NOS version of a particular fishing reel I was interested in, and he had it marked up about 50% over retail. He had listed it like 4 times and I watched it every time. I sent him a message the 3rd time it was listed, asking what he'd take for it. Since his first reply was kind of cocky, and telling me if I didn't want it at his price, don't bid, I found others. After the 4th auction expired, I sent him a message with a link to another dealer that was literally listing 2-3 of these a week, as if he had bought out the remainder of stock or something. New, never sold, never opened boxes, authorized dealer for the brand, and they were all auctions, so most were going 25-35% less than new retail. I told him "this is why yours isn't selling. There are tons of new ones out there and they're all auctions, you're doing a BIN that's 50% over new retail. " And I sent him a link to the auction I won, where I paid less than half what he was asking for his. ;) Normally I would have not done any of that, would have just kept watching and smiling every time it expired, but since he was arrogant in his reply, I figured I'd make my point a little more clearly. :) Of course, being the kind and generous soul that I am, I did wish him luck with his auction. :D (now, by "luck" I meant... "good luck selling it at that price." And I think I thought "sparky" at the end also. :p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
on the forum I mentioned in last weeks thread, whenever someone did or said something really stupid at the Line 6 forum and even at TGP a few times (as Big Mike will remember! LOL) we'd get a message on the forum to "send in the Berts." We all had second screen names and "Bert" (yes, Bert form Sesame Street!) characters. We'd log in as the Berts and make all kinds of mainly goofy replies, nothing mean, and just totally take over a thread with goofy comments. Example, one time a guy was asking about changing the color of his guitar and I put up a pic of my original natural finish C22, and said "I got this one at a yard sale. Never heard of the brand, but figured it would be a good one to paint, since it doesn't have any color. I used black Krylon and it worked out great." The reaction to that post went on for days as multiple people who took it seriously replied in disbelief that I would paint "one of those something Smith guitars" as I called it in the thread.

Anyway, my screen name there was DreamBert, and I had a photoshop picture of Portnoy behind this HUGE set of drums, with Berts head. :p

Anyway, should we "send in the Berts?" :D

You shouldn't be giving me ideas like this.

Back