Reverb. Heads-up

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
The writing was on the wall once Etsy got its hands on it. Fee jumping from 3.5% to 5% for anything selling after August 4 (even if listed prior :mad:). There’s also still a 2.5% “payments processing fee.” 7.5% total selling fee.

Last edited:
Yeah, those fees really add up. Looks like used prices will be creeping up. Thanks, Reverb. :mad:

My wife frequently tells me about the many ways Etsy chips away at her profit - all of which she gives to charity, so she isn’t out of pocket, but still finds it annoying.

As far as selling guitars, I’m more likely to yell out “I’m getting rid of 5. Send me a cheque for the one you want.” I’m not enthusiastic about setting up a store, dealing with annoying low ballers, and giving Reverb a bunch of the proceeds.

Define “dubious”.

One so incompetent that it has to be investigated. For example, if you're making it look like a suicide, you can't shoot him in the head from 30 feet away.

Also, only one shot.

As far as selling guitars, I’m more likely to yell out “I’m getting rid of 5. Send me a cheque for the one you want.” I’m not enthusiastic about setting up a store, dealing with annoying low ballers, and giving Reverb a bunch of the proceeds.

I’ll add “come and get them”. I really should sell some guitars, just because I’m not using them or don’t like ‘em as much as some of the others, but I don’t wanna go to the post office/FedEx/UPS and have someone breathe on me... sh!t, I didn’t even like going before this crap, now I break out in hives just thinking about it.

That’s why I usually give stuff away. I figure if I don’t charge money then peeps can’t get upset over how long it takes me to mail it.

Maybe I’ll just let people call dibs on any of the trash I have now?

The degree to which dealers already work to sidestep Reverb due to fees is already alarming, this will only serve to make this worse.

I had a feeling the Etsy buyout would lead to issues.

Back