Returning to the fold... can someone explain Wood Library and Artist values?

One Day At The Fender Forum...

“Dude, I’m quitting the Fender Forum. I’m going to buy myself a PRS and hang out on their forum.”

“Wait...why? I mean, you love Fenders, you’ve been playing them for 30 years!”

“Listen, you come to the Fender forum, and sure people talk about fuzz boxes and tone and all that, but you go to the PRS forum, and they’re talking about Venn diagrams and schools of philosophical thought! It’s just a more educated class of people.”

“It’s just a guitar forum that has a snooty people problem.”

“Wrong! It’s a forum of snooty people who have a guitar problem!” :D

They're still arguing about maple/rosewood over there

I’d like to add to the confusion with my contribution. I have a custom 24 not marked wood library or artist that has a swamp ash back, flame satin maple neck with IRW fretboard, quilt maple 10 top and custom color finish. Sometimes PRS just does what PRS wants!

Like back around 2008 they did all sorts of one-offs. They even had a generic modcat because of it.

So are we! :D

Ok, we don't argue. But we do discuss it, every time someone brings up NF3s! :)

I have a special place in my heart for the Fendery PRS offerings: NF3, DC3, Brent Mason, Johnny Hiland, SAS, EG, 305, and obviously the Silver Sky.

Personally the proud owner of an SAS NF 25th Anniversary with a rosewood board, which I think is pretty rare. Wouldn’t sell it for anything.

Would trade for a Salmon or Bonni Santana tho...

I have a special place in my heart for the Fendery PRS offerings: NF3, DC3, Brent Mason, Johnny Hiland, SAS, EG, 305, and obviously the Silver Sky.

Personally the proud owner of an SAS NF 25th Anniversary with a rosewood board, which I think is pretty rare. Wouldn’t sell it for anything.

Would trade for a Salmon or Bonni Santana tho...
My NF3 has maple, pattern regular, and it's my favorite neck/fingerboard combo I've ever played. Mine (yes, I'm going to say it again!) doesn't even have birds, and it will NEVER leave me. EVER!

Back