Return to Standards

John Beef

Opaque
Seems like around 2007-08 or so PRS decided to do away with the Standards - no more solid mahogany carved top models. But recently, we've seen the DGT standard and 408 standard pop up as models. Will there be a return to the old days? Stripped 58 Standard? Standard 24?

I had a standard 22 satin finish that I sold that I'd LOVE to replace! If they re-introduce the standards I'd buy one for sure.

The early Standards sound much better than their Custom counterparts.............. IMHO

If you are talking '85/86 with original T pickup I agree. After the pickup changes the tone gap got closer.

LOVE my SC HB Standard. I used to spend a lot of time in a local shop, mostly trying out amps. It seemed that every time I went in, I picked up this lonely SC HB Standard that never seemed to get any attention. At first, I thought every amp I played through sounded really amazing. Before I dropped $100K on every amp in the shop, I tried a couple other guitars and realized what an amazing guitar it was. I almost immediately took a chance and had the PTC install 57/08s. It's an amazing combo.

I'm very excited to see some more Standards pop up. I'm thinking a 408 Piezo Standard!!!

LOVE my 2000 St22/ Trem! Ditched the Dragon 2 pickups and loaded it with Tom Short's Tombuckers. Never fails to bring a smile to my face.
I still think that PRS guitars were just meant to be mahogany tone machines.
Wish I knew how to post pics. My Standard is in Walnut Stain - it's beautiful!

I bought a Std 22 satin a few weeks back. Just incredible. I'm reconsidering my love for my maple-topped PRS'. Such underrated guitars. I'm looking to get a 408 Std in the next few months, but I would LOVE to see the Std reintroduced. A 22 with 59/09's? You betcha! :cheers:

I have a STD with Dragon 1's. Best tone I own. :top:

+3 with Markie and Ron. Those early Standards kick it, the #9 position is HONK CITY!

they should have that satin finish back on the hog guitars. I mean, that one they made a few years back for Std22 and Std 24. So bad ass!!!

Back