Resource to report Fake PRS guitars?

dj_tmc

Hey there,
I was looking for guitar parts, and got flooded on eBay with cheap PRS guitar knock offs. Do they pursue and shut down auctions of fake copies of their guitars? If so, who would i get in touch with to report listings.

And to clarify, If the listings said "PRS Style" I wouldn't have a problem with them. It's when they call them PRS's without acknowledging that they are not authentic that bugs me.

I believe eBay has a rule about selling fake items. They should have a way in the listing to report it or a way to send them the listing number to report it. It has been a while since I have shopped there. They may have changed how this is done. I remember there being a way to do it though.

On eBay, right above the item description on the right, there is a “Report Item” link where you can report violation of their counterfeit policy. This applies where there is either copyright/trademark infringement, or an aftermarket part is made to look like it’s genuine OEM. It’s a huge problem in online sales, not just on EBay, so you have to watch.

PRS Support may also be interested, depending on the item. Their email is in my sig below.

Back