Resonators- Whacha got?

Shawn@PRS

yogi
Lately I’ve been hankering for an affordable, round neck resonator guitar and I'm looking for suggestions. What kind of pie tins are you guys wielding?

I have an inexpensive Regal resonator. Fun for the bluzey, slide stuff.

Looks like this, but without the headstock inlay...

regal-guitars-rd-40m-resonator.jpg

Jamie

I've been jonesing for one, too. I can't decide. Between round or square neck, but I know I want a pickup. Anyone got any experience with these amplified? For gigging, I've been thinking about one of these:

2.jpg

When I need a bluesy, slide track, done well, I want to record a resonator.

There's this guy I hire who's really, really great and....uh...oh, you wanted to find a guitar to play yourself, eh?

I got nothin', ;)

I like the looks of the all metal resos, but I think my playing style would require the wood body model. My ham-fisted, off-time, chord-pouding doesn't need to be accentuated with the all metal body.

same here - but I've been hankering for some time for a Trussart SteelPhonic...

ikrqbr93dj_full.jpg

and/or a Resogator....

steelgator_new.jpg

of course both would have to wait until I get a goldie DGT in the family ;-)

I've had my eye on this one, haven't bought it yet....can't seem to pull the plug. Not badly priced and has good reviews: [h=1]Gretsch Root Series G9220 Bobtail Round Neck Acoustic/Electric Resonator 2-Tone Sunburst[/h]
DV016_Jpg_Large_1328283436143_A.jpg

That guitar makes me wanna play "Bad Seamstress Blues".

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn
If you get one, let us know how it goes.... maybe I can convince my wife this would be a good use of our tax refund. Also, perhaps PRS should make one!

I just ordered a Highway 61 from Republic Guitars, they are installing a Lace Ultra Slim humbucker and getting it shipped up to Alberta all for just shy of a grand :) Looking forward to seeing what it can do!

YtddnvK.jpg

I was just talking gear with a co-worker and I told him I have a hankering for a Reso. He slapped me in the face and said "Snap out of it!".

Back