Replacing Mira Pick Guard

CM Harris

Hi, I'm the happy new owner of a seafoam, semi hollow Mira!

And will be changing out the pick guard from black to white pearloid. Now, I've replaced pick guards before but with much less finesse. I want to do this right. Any warnings? I'm guessing I just need to wrap the knobs with cloth or shoelace and pull up but want to make sure there isn't something special I should do with PRS knobs.

Also the Mira has electronics under the pick guard, right? Want to make sure I'm not going to screw anything up there either.

Anyone else done this? My guitar tech experience is just changing strings.

Thanks!
Michele

Not too much special stuff to do. Just pull them up with a cloth, and you should be fine. When you switch the components from one pickguard to the other, just use common sense and take your time. Be careful of the wires that go to the output jack. Should be a standard switcheroo. Post a pic when you're done. :)

One more thing? I got the knobs off but the toggle switch cap is a bit of a bear. I don't want to ruin it but it doesn't slip off as easy as say, a strat's toggle cap. Someone said use a blow dryer to heat it up but not sure I want a blow dryer by my finish.

I changed out the guard on my seafoam Mira semi-hollow too! Well that and a couple of small mods...

I don't remember anything being terribly tricky, and didn't use a hair drier on anything. I was changing out the blade switch anyway so wouldn't have been afraid to use a bit of force.

Okay, so by far the hardest part of the process was keeping the PUP springs in place while screwing the new pick guard on.

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.

MiraLo.jpg

Okay, so by far the hardest part of the process was keeping the PUP springs in place while screwing the new pick guard on.

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.

Looks great! White pearloid looks WAY better than black on seafoam IMO.

I fixed your pic link BTW..

PExJiV9miLmLzCPe1XefIsgohmsmue46tpXpAb12EXE

Here's mine :)

DSC_1192.jpg

Sa-weet!

Yeah, there's something about the black that dirties up the color. Plus the white increases that retro vibe.

Back