Replacement tuners for SE Paul’s Guitar?

Rupert Hawkes

hi,

Does anyone know of any replacement tuners for The SE Paul’s guitar that have ebony or non plastic tuners ends on them, ones that don’t require redrilling?

Thanks

I've been looking for the same thing. MannMade has SE locking vintage style that will fit, but the buttons are light colored and appear to be made of the same plastic. I think I'm going to look into just changing the buttons...not sure if that is possible, but those plastic buttons feel so cheap compared to the rest of the guitar, and the tuners themselves work just fine.

I got the Mannmade ones and compliment my Aqua quite nicely. When I replaced them I noticed they used 11 of the same size screw and one that was longer. I also had to fill that one screw in with a tiny sliver of wood so that it would go in snug. Stays in tune perfectly.

Try hipshot open back locking tuners. They have an 18:1 ratio. I have them on all 6 of my SE's.

do you have a link to the actual tuners? I was wondering if the PRS Phase III Tuners would fit

With a little bit of work they do. A few people have done this on the Zach Myers model. You'll most likely need to ream out the holes for the shafts.

I think just about everything with that old Kluson footprint has plastic buttons.

do you have a link to the actual tuners? I was wondering if the PRS Phase III Tuners would fit

You would need to ream out the holes a little bit. The post has a larger diameter. Also, you'd need to drill new screw holes.

Back