Replacement Tuners for new Zach Myers SE?

Anomaly

"It's all success, if it's what you need."
Hey all. I just bought a Zach Myers SE. brand new 2021 in blue. I’m looking to put locking tuners on it, but I’ve read so much conflicting information. A lot of folks says the Gotoh SD90 is a direct drop in, but then I read on here that they didn’t work for some people due to the size. Wondering if GraphTech or Kluson tuners would work? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I was recently looking into the answer to this very same question. I believe I read that the secret to using the Gotoh SD 90’s is to use the OEM collars, instead of the ones that come with the new set.

Hey all. I just bought a Zach Myers SE. brand new 2021 in blue. I’m looking to put locking tuners on it, but I’ve read so much conflicting information. A lot of folks says the Gotoh SD90 is a direct drop in, but then I read on here that they didn’t work for some people due to the size. Wondering if GraphTech or Kluson tuners would work? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reach out to John Mann at John Mann’s Guitar Vault.

I just found his page. I saw that he modifies tuners to be a direct replacement and look like PRS locking tuners.
Yep. If you’re gonna reach out, call, don’t email. He’s old school. But he did design some of the original PRS parts back in the early 80s. Cool guy.

The Gotoh SD90 SLB MG locking tuners are a direct fit for mine and the color matches the stock.

Back