Replacement blade switch for PRS SE C24

Victek

Hello! I recently bought a PRS SE C24 (2013) which turns out to have a pickup switching problem. The local tech is ordering a new blade switch and I want to make sure we get the correct one. We believe it's the 5 way blade, is that correct? Can someone provide the exact part name and number? Thanks!

Last edited:
SEs are 3-way blade, but I don't have the part #. The only switch listed on the PRS shop is the toggle, which was for the older SE CU24s. Email [email protected] they will get back to you quickly.

Should be a five way blade with 4 lugs for the coil taps. Dimarzio sells them.

I'm confused - my 2012 SE CU24 has a three-way toggle with coil tap on tone, and the web site says that the 2013s are the same:

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom24/specs.php

Victek your serial # should start with N. Did they switch to a 5-way?

I know it can be done because I got a quote from the PTC to convert to 5-way blade but I don't think that's stock for 2013...

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. My PRS SE C24 serial starts with an "M". My blade switch has three positions, but looking at website schematics it looked like 5-way blade was the right replacement (so we're confused). I'll email customer serviced and see what they say.

the newer se cu24s have a 3 way blade w/coil spit on tone knob. it is not the same blade as the USA 5 way on the new customs.

I'm confused - my 2012 SE CU24 has a three-way toggle with coil tap on tone, and the web site says that the 2013s are the same: http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom24/specs.php Victek your serial # should start with N. Did they switch to a 5-way? I know it can be done because I got a quote from the PTC to convert to 5-way blade but I don't think that's stock for 2013...
The link you provided is for the model I have with "Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Pickup Selector". My serial starts with an "M".

My 2012 starts with an M as well, first year with the 3-way & the PP tone pot. 2010 & 2011 there was a 3-way toggle, no coil taps.

I guess the obvious question is - does your blade stop 3 or 5 times when you move it ;)

My 2012 starts with an M as well, first year with the 3-way & the PP tone pot. 2010 & 2011 there was a 3-way toggle, no coil taps. I guess the obvious question is - does your blade stop 3 or 5 times when you move it ;)
Definitely 3 :)

And by the way, it would be helpful if I could nail down the correct wiring schematic as well. Hopefully I'll hear from customer service tomorrow and I'll post what they say.

Last edited:
OK. I heard back from customer service. The correct three position blade switch part number is SE-0021. I haven't heard back yet about the wiring schematic, but if/when I do I'll post again. Cheers!

Just wanted to follow up and say that the blade switch arrived and was installed today. The pickups are now switching properly and the sound now really is HFS! :) My thanks to everyone.

Back