Replace pickup rings help!

Since we're talking rings, I'm interested in some spare plastic rings for my SE HB for doing quick pickup swaps. Which aftermarket rings will fit? They're bigger than Gibson rings and the screw spacing is different.

I've been trying to get a darker set for my new Floyd Custom 24. Can't seem to get the black ones with the countersunk holes for adjusting the pickup height. They are shown in pics but the ones in stock are not the same.

Can't get anything out of Guilford at all and no communication. Tried to order but after 22 days, had to ask for a refund which is too bad because I think hey make the best ones.

I'm going to maybe give the crazy parts ones a try and I'll slightly countersink the holes myself.

Can anyone share where to get Flame Maple (Natural) pickup rings for a Hollowbody 2? O really appreciate the help! Then the unveiling!!!!!!!!
When I was looking for wooden pickup rings for my HBII, I looked at ones made by Allparts and Guilford (usually find him selling on Reverb). I ended up buying a set from Crazy Parts in Germany when they were still selling them on E-bay. They’re still on the guitar and I’m really happy with them. Tone Ninja pickup rings are also made in Germany.

If the rings are unfinished you can greatly strengthen the wood by applying thin super glue.
I do this all the time for backplates I make whose mounting holes are way more fragile (there's even less wood around them) than pickup rings.

That's a great idea. I had maple rings on my cu24 for a while. I didn't treat them with anything so they got dirty looking. I hated that so I took them off and went to rosewood

Back