Replace pickup rings help!

Sybo

Jim
Can anyone share where to get Flame Maple (Natural) pickup rings for a Hollowbody 2? O really appreciate the help! Then the unveiling!!!!!!!!

If the rings are unfinished you can greatly strengthen the wood by applying thin super glue.
I do this all the time for backplates I make whose mounting holes are way more fragile (there's even less wood around them) than pickup rings.

Another potential pitfall: I had some maple ones on my CU22 for a while. They were thicker than the standard rings. Consequently there was only an extremely narrow range between when the pickup touched the strings at its highest setting, or fell off the bottom of the adjustment screws on its lowest settings. I got so fed up I switched back to plastic.

if they break during installation, CP won’t replace them. Not saying they necessarily should; just a heads up.

Can't say I blame them, but for those in the market for wood ones, it's good to know. I've read quite a few things about the wooden ones being prone to breakage.

I like the look of the plastic rings; it reminds me of the guitars I always liked as a kid.

"You were a kid?"

"It was a long time ago."

"Cenozoic?"

"Mesozoic. Don't age me prematurely."

Can't say I blame them, but for those in the market for wood ones, it's good to know. I've read quite a few things about the wooden ones being prone to breakage.

I like the look of the plastic rings; it reminds me of the guitars I always liked as a kid.

"You were a kid?"

"It was a long time ago."

"Cenozoic?"

"Mesozoic. Don't age me prematurely."

Guilford (and I assume CPs) at least cut them with the grain running lengthwise; much stronger. I’ve had some cut the other direction, and they break with little exerted pressure.

Back