Renovations, Repairs & Rebuilds...You Choose

I was interested to hear about all the things you are doing around the house. We finally built a new garage to replace the temporary one. My wife and I want to make a heated garage with a small room for a workshop. I ordered wall racks to hold all the tools and picked the right garage doors with automation at https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/garage-doors/. As the construction was nearing completion, I began to think more and more about a garage for my car. Eventually, I decided that I needed to buy a new car. And I want to give my old car to my wife to get to work on her own.

Last edited:
Some folks from the other forum I attend were inquiring how they attached their Fractal floorboard units to their Temple Audio boards.

Most of us who responded to the thread agreed that metric screws were needed, but some said the thread was too coarse, and needed some thing finer. This all turned out to be kind of a Mickey Mouse problem, and we eventually realized the reason why.

The screws were really tiny, with hexagonal allen heads. They required washers, and attach in each of the units 4 corners, no more.

The "net" result was the screws fitted securely into the holes, with no countersinking or arbor bit needed.

The FAS units require certain types of metric screws that replace the factory screws when attached to the reverse side of a Temple effects board.

A concern on the separate forum is asking why the devices' editors are slow. The reason why is many folks have "kitchen sink" presets that contain many effects blocks, that increases CPU numbers. That increases the lag time between changing presets or other editor functions. It's a continual process that tries to purge unnecessary blocks but maintains CPU numbers if unnecessary blocks aren't removed. It essentially creates disorder from order, when you'd really prefer the opposite effect.

As you know, the way things are organized are essentially a form of order, so there is some benefit to this. What this highlights, is not a slam-dunk, by any means. More of an outside arc from 3-pointer land.

The home improvement I had thought of was countersinking a door's plate screws, so the striker plate and latch closes smoothly. But, since I'm not Tom Silva from This Old House, I'll need to checked the next installment of the show and see if my guess was good or not.

Thank you for letting me be your guest in this fine forum. Anyway, done tossing a couple back. Heading to bed at 4:10 AM.

Last edited:
Today my husband and I started building a garden guest house because we're struggling when inviting guests into our small living room. We purchased our home back in April and I immediately fell in love with our large backyard. Although the backyard is spacious, our house is pretty small, but we don't want to renovate it for now. That's why we decided to build a guest room that will have space to organize gatherings with friends and family. We've been looking at garden buildings online to find ideas of how we want ours to look like. I plan to decorate it with modern-style furniture and a small bar for drinks. My husband's brother helped us lay the foundation today to get started on our project.

Last edited:
Today my husband and I started building a garden guest house because we're struggling when inviting guests into our small living room. We purchased our home back in April and I immediately fell in love with our large backyard. Although the backyard is spacious, our house is pretty small, but we don't want to renovate it for now. That's why we decided to build a guest room that will have space to organize gatherings with friends and family. We've been looking at garden buildings online to find ideas of how we want ours to look like. I plan to decorate it with modern-style furniture and a small bar for drinks. My husband's brother helped us lay the foundation today to get started on our project.
Are you going to play your PRS guitars in it, Jenny?

I do most of my own repairs .. even pushing 68 . I try to save most of my DIY for building instuments though. Finishing my 3rd and 4th for the year .. both Koa tops. Next year is going to be BUSY , starting carve top builds in Koa , Claro Walnut and Flame/Quilted Maple ..

Back