Removing the PRS logo from a PRS 2x12.

TRGuy

Hey all,

Anyone know if it's possible to cleanly remove the PRS logo from one of their 2x12 cabs?

I don't know how they're attached - whether it's glued or mounted via clips behind like others.

Anyone tried it with any success?

Cheers!

I don’t know. If it is glued on, I would guess there is a chance you will always be able to see where the glue was after removal. Or if there is any fading of the fabric, you might end up with a logo sized darker spot on the grill cloth. If it is a mechanical attachment, there will likely be visible evidence of the attachment mechanism.

If it is glued on, it may come off with the application of a little heat and prying. So long as you don’t overheat it, you should be able to give that a try without harm.

The PRS logo on the Archon is glued and has small plastic pins that extend though the faceplate. I expect the logo it's the same for the grille.

You will need to take the back off, or take the speakers out, and ideally heat and push it from the back, maybe?

My question is, why would you want to? What are you going to do with it?

My question is, why would you want to? What are you going to do with it?
I think what my esteemed forum brother is trying to say, is one of the foundational rules of our brotherhood: “Friends don’t let friends remove PRS labels from their gear.” “or put PRS labels on their non-PRS gear.” :p

I've seen PRS amps for sale on Reverb or GC where the logo is gone, and where applied (originally) to the grille there is leftover glue. My guess is removing the glue would be difficult without damaging the grille cloth.

Back