Removing A Signature..

Well, I'm still trying to figure out the amount that it bothers me. How much do I really care that there is a signature on there? And how much do I really care that it says To JOHN? I honestly don't know. I had a guitar that had his signature on the back plate, it did nothing for value or anything, but it was cool! I think Garrett has it right, its kinda all or nothing.

Question about the PTC..would they remove ALL the paint from the back of the neck and give it a wood finish? Nice and silky smooth? What would something like that cost?

Just thought of something else too..what if I try to remove it and it doesn't quite get it off..leaving like a gold shadow..that would look terrible!

LOL, you going to send a guitar back?
Yeah! I've got a 2nd gen Santana SE or a Tremonti SE I'll gladly send for a Custom 22. Neither one says To John anywhere.

I couldn't send my CU22 because the back plate is signed the same way, "To John" with Paul's signature.

So, if anything you should just help me get a collection of "To John" Custom 22s together.

Send it to PTC. Have them strip the back of the peg head,refinish it and have Paul sign it for you!! YAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back