Reminding Me Why I'm Here

One of the great things about the little community we've built here. It's a little oasis of sanity.

I've been fighting off my own anxiety demons again. Trying to keep it from going to full-blown depression again. Music helps w/the anxiety, but when I was in the worst of the depression, it didn't help at all. But we muddle through.

Great post, man. Really glad to see it. I've had some tough times as well, and it's always good to hear that they don't last...

Ain't that the truth? A few years ago, my buddy’s mother died. We hadn’t been together in quite a while. Another guy we used to work with was there as well. The three of us hadn’t been together in close to 30 years. It was like 30 seconds had passed - we fell right into the same old rhythms and patterns.

Ain't that the truth? A few years ago, my buddy’s mother died. We hadn’t been together in quite a while. Another guy we used to work with was there as well. The three of us hadn’t been together in close to 30 years. It was like 30 seconds had passed - we fell right into the same old rhythms and patterns.
That's awesome, man...

I have lost far too many of my family members at this point in my life. Every time it happens and we all get together we always say that we need to get together before people pass. Why is it that we don't place more importance on seeing people before something tragic happens?

Love to hear this kind of stuff! Seeing some good friends again is medicinal to the soul!

I'm up north in Granby, near the notch.

I went to grad school in Boston, not from the area, so on holidays would often go with a buddy/classmate to his parents’ place in Springfield. They had a nice pontoon (read: party barge) at Congamond, and we made a point to have boat day at least once every summer. Great place, great times, especially when you’ve been in the concrete jungle for months at a time! The redneck boat parade on 4th of July was a real treat!

I have lost far too many of my family members at this point in my life. Every time it happens and we all get together we always say that we need to get together before people pass. Why is it that we don't place more importance on seeing people before something tragic happens?

Strangely enough, we said we needed to get together again, that it had been too long, and let's not wait for someone else to die. Two weeks later, I was flipping through the obits, and a former friend of ours had died. Another co-worker. We went to the funeral home, and his mother said, "He'd be so happy to see so many people come out. No one visited him in the nursing home, and he thought everyone had forgotten about him." None of us knew he was sick. We told his mother had we known, we'd have done that, but because we'd fallen out of touch and he kept quiet about it, none of us were aware.

Strangely enough, we said we needed to get together again, that it had been too long, and let's not wait for someone else to die. Two weeks later, I was flipping through the obits, and a former friend of ours had died. Another co-worker. We went to the funeral home, and his mother said, "He'd be so happy to see so many people come out. No one visited him in the nursing home, and he thought everyone had forgotten about him." None of us knew he was sick. We told his mother had we known, we'd have done that, but because we'd fallen out of touch and he kept quiet about it, none of us were aware.
It is definitely a shame that we let life take over and fall out of touch with people. I moved out of the state and town that I grew up in and spent most of my life in about 10 1/2 years ago. There are people that I have not seen since the day I moved. I think about that occasionally and think I really need to make the trip back to see people.

Back