Remember when we used to get excited about PRS sightings?

So...in my email today I receive a couple of emails from a local venue that is much smaller than an arena. The image they used in both to promote their site, and diversity, I guess:

Plaza%20Live%20header_0030_zpscccyf0lj.jpg

Look familiar?

I am curious whether they have (or need) permission to use the image. Don't want to get them in trouble, but also want to make sure PRS has a fair shake at saying something, if appropriate...

One of The Tragically Hip guitarists used an old CE in their final concert last Saturday on CBC. The singer has brain Cancer and it was possibly their last show ever.... 11 Million Canadians tuned in.

One of The Tragically Hip guitarists used an old CE in their final concert last Saturday on CBC. The singer has brain Cancer and it was possibly their last show ever.... 11 Million Canadians tuned in.

Which to put things into perspective, is about 1/3rd of the entire country tuning into watch one rock band...

052516-tragicallyhip-878x494.jpg

...that even the Prime Minister went to see live.

canadabandfarewell3.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

Not a song feature a PRS, but it's one of my favourite.

Last edited:
Re: The Hip.

Sigh. Assuming this is their finale (and maybe it isn't), I'm gonna miss them. Went to the same college as a couple of them, one or two years behind, in Kingston. Saw them before they had any hits or a record deal, and they were awesome.

I did not see them enough when touring - they sold out fast, I always had something else going on, etc.

Dammit. Keep looking out for that Highway Girl, Gord.

Just saw Robert Randolph and the family band open up for ZZ Top. The guitar player played a white custom 24

I remember being excited when I saw a 1950's-1960 Les Paul or a 3X5 that was also vintage on stage. I remember Marshall Tucker having played a lot of those, before the Allman Brothers were nationally known. There was also, of course, The Stones, and other British groups using them.

I saw plenty of PRS guitars and never gave it a second thought...until I decided to become interested in them. Now, I get the same feeling as when I saw the vintage Gibson guitars long ago, and far, far away.

Anyone know why this is? I don't listen to country, but I'm curious as to why PRS has gained so much traction within the genre?
Ummm, because they sound great and play great and look great?

John McLaughlin plays them, grunge players play them, country players, Santana, etc.... They are very versatile. In my own band, I'm playing Take Five and Trower with it while my guitarist is playing everything from Autumn Leaves to War Pigs on it. There"s no reason for them to not gain traction in any genre.

Back