Remember when we used to get excited about PRS sightings?

watelessness

Remember back in the BaM days when it was rare to see someone playing a PRS on TV and we'd get so exited about it? Wow. PRS are ubiquitous and I feel old.

It takes a helluva long time to become this entrenched in the mindset of an industry. Like you though I can see and feel it.
Job well done. Extremely well done!

I'm a little late to this one, but I still get excited when I see them with a big act. Love it.

Truth be told, sometimes I'm also impressed by the sounds of F and G guitars when I see them on a big show, lots of professionals seem to be attached to those name brands. The difference is, PRS makes all of their guitars to be that good (and better), not just the ones destined for arena stages and TV screens!

I still get psyched. I was watchin' the BET awards a month or so back and saw Shelia E's femme guitarist rockin' a Starla and thought it was rad.

I wasn't around for the BaM days, but I get pretty geeked whenever I see someone playing one on TV. What's even more impressive is that my wife is starting to recognize them. If we're watching something and there's a band playing she always asks, "what kind of guitar is he/she playing." Lately she's been saying, "he's playing a PRS, isn't he?" She's never done that wth another brand/model.

Just saw Wyclef Jean on Colbert with a CU24 with a unique finish.

I still get excited to see a PRS'S on TV. The guys in Jason Aldean's band use them. Actually, I think I've seen a lot of country artists with at least one in the band.

I like guys playing PRS instead of F or G, because they are driven by curiousness to define their own tonal voice and not chasing after the "ordinary" role models.

"Oh, I wanna sound like Clapton! Do I need a Strat or a LP, ehm, and which of those countless possible variations?!"
"I wanna sound like Jimmy Page!" - "Boy, don't forget, he played a Tele instead of a LP on Stairway to heaven!"

I still get excited to see a PRS'S on TV. The guys in Jason Aldean's band use them. Actually, I think I've seen a lot of country artists with at least one in the band.

Anyone know why this is? I don't listen to country, but I'm curious as to why PRS has gained so much traction within the genre?

Anyone know why this is? I don't listen to country, but I'm curious as to why PRS has gained so much traction within the genre?

Could it be...

Because they are great-playing guitars that sound the business and look cool on stage?

Because that's what they're playing when they're making records?

I wasn't around for the BaM days, but I get pretty geeked whenever I see someone playing one on TV. What's even more impressive is that my wife is starting to recognize them. If we're watching something and there's a band playing she always asks, "what kind of guitar is he/she playing." Lately she's been saying, "he's playing a PRS, isn't he?" She's never done that wth another brand/model.

That's awesome, my wife does the same thing now. She's almost as big of a fan of PRS guitars as I am.

Could it be...

Because they are great-playing guitars that sound the business and look cool on stage?

Because that's what they're playing when they're making records?

Late 90s/early 00s, some people liked PRS because they didn't look like our Dad's guitars...

...amongst other reasons (sound, playability, etc).

Curious why country specifically has adopted them. Some people just sick of the country guy with Tele schtick? The move to more distortion necessitates humbuckers?

Back