Relic Silver Sky

This is a very confusing post. First of all, WHO doesn't have a mirror in their music room? That's every bit as mandatory as the guitar itself. I mean, how can you check your hair, practice your stage poses or even your guitar face, without a mirror. I don't know if I can take you seriously any longer after that post. In fact, I think I might organize a little group Christmas present for you from all of us. It's time you joined in on the REAL fun of playing guitar and got a mirror to play in front of! You won't believe it. It's better than a new guitar! Your playing will go to a whole new level, as will your stage presence.

I have a mirror in my music area. It’s now covered by three posters because I could see myself.

I have a mirror in my music area. It’s now covered by three posters because I could see myself.
:eek::eek::eek: It's like I don't even know who you are anymore! :(:(

If I can be serious for a moment, I will add that practicing in front of a mirror can be very helpful. I used to have a mirror in the room because before my music room got completely redone into a music room, it was also our spare bedroom so it had a mirror, and playing in front of that mirror was very helpful. And not just for checking your hair.

If I can be serious for a moment, I will add that practicing in front of a mirror can be very helpful. I used to have a mirror in the room because before my music room got completely redone into a music room, it was also our spare bedroom so it had a mirror, and playing in front of that mirror was very helpful. And not just for checking your hair.
I agree. I look at the guitar not myself.

In fact, I think I might organize a little group Christmas present for you from all of us. It's time you joined in on the REAL fun of playing guitar and got a mirror to play in front of! You won't believe it. It's better than a new guitar! Your playing will go to a whole new level, as will your stage presence.
You are obviously a kind and benevolent soul, and your empathy for your brethren is truly moving. Heck, having a mirror in there may make an even more life-changing difference ... if all my guitars suddenly seem new, it could save me from constantly spending countless $$ on more new ones. I could retire early and live more prosperously!

My entire family is indebted to you, kind sir.

You are obviously a kind and benevolent soul, and your empathy for your brethren is truly moving. Heck, having a mirror in there may make an even more life-changing difference ... if all my guitars suddenly seem new, it could save me from constantly spending countless $$ on more new ones. I could retire early and live more prosperously!

My entire family is indebted to you, kind sir.

look, my friend, I’m here to help. I was even saving the best thing for last. imagine this: you’re doing your best Jimi impression. You’re a couple minutes into your Band of Gypsy’s version of Machine Gun. Silk head bands, fuzz pedals and all. You look in the mirror, and for the first time ever… You’re playing left-handed!!!

I used to watch my hands in the mirror when I was playing. It was somewhat discouraging - it always looked like I was fighting the guitar. So many other players look - and looked - like it was so easy for them. I only ever felt like it looked that way for me once. But it is part of why I push myself to post more videos and recordings now. It’s a way to see how much it looks like my stubby little hands are fighting the guitar.

Back