Relic Silver Sky

I keep changing my mind about relics. I dont dislike the look if its well done (and few are convincing) but still dislike the idea of a fake job. Of course natural wear is better, but I've also seen some unpleasant looking old guitars with cigarette burns and grime ingrained into bare wood.

I've always tried to treat my guitars as carefully as possible. A couple are very old and have worked for their keep but still dont look too worn.

I still dont understand how some of the heavy wear has occurred on some peoples naturally aged ones. Its as if the instruments were serially abused!

BTW, just announced....KISS at Burgettstown, PA, 9/6/20. There close to me in February (90 miles) and September (40 miles).

I saw they were going to be there, but I hate that facility. I was there the year it opened, and the experience was so miserable I said I'd never go back*. It'll be 30 years next year. This is how bad the place is - my buddy, who does go there on occasion, texted me that they were going to be there and said, "I wonder how much that cruise is..." The night after we were there, the concert was delayed for over an hour because it rained and the bathrooms flooded. Gee, you've got a natural bowl, so what more logical design is there than to put the bathrooms at the bottom of the hill with doors facing uphill to make it more convenient for the water to get in.

I'm contemplating a trip to Charlottesville, VA. Close enough to visit my daughter (and stay with her). Think Shawn would join me? The only problem is it's the first week of February - not always good travel weather.

* - Ironically, the concert was great. David Bowie w/Adrian Belew on guitar. It was supposed to be the last time he played the hits.

I saw they were going to be there, but I hate that facility. I was there the year it opened, and the experience was so miserable I said I'd never go back*. It'll be 30 years next year. This is how bad the place is - my buddy, who does go there on occasion, texted me that they were going to be there and said, "I wonder how much that cruise is..." The night after we were there, the concert was delayed for over an hour because it rained and the bathrooms flooded. Gee, you've got a natural bowl, so what more logical design is there than to put the bathrooms at the bottom of the hill with doors facing uphill to make it more convenient for the water to get in.

I'm contemplating a trip to Charlottesville, VA. Close enough to visit my daughter (and stay with her). Think Shawn would join me? The only problem is it's the first week of February - not always good travel weather.

* - Ironically, the concert was great. David Bowie w/Adrian Belew on guitar. It was supposed to be the last time he played the hits.

Same with me on the September venue. Outdoor place. One way in, one way out. Traffic, and crowds always suck. The show I saw in March was so good I'd hate to risk tainting anything. I'd like to do the February show, but February in Northern Illinois is sketchy. Likely to be 5 degrees with -20 wind chill. Game time decision.

I’d like to know what PRSh has to say about his guitars being relic’ed. That would be interesting.

Same with me on the September venue. Outdoor place. One way in, one way out. Traffic, and crowds always suck. The show I saw in March was so good I'd hate to risk tainting anything. I'd like to do the February show, but February in Northern Illinois is sketchy. Likely to be 5 degrees with -20 wind chill. Game time decision.

Yeah, my travel would be sketchy in February as well. So I’m holding off for a little bit.

I don't have a mirror in there so I can't even see myself. So am I still a "phony wannabe"? If so, to whom?
This is a very confusing post. First of all, WHO doesn't have a mirror in their music room? That's every bit as mandatory as the guitar itself. I mean, how can you check your hair, practice your stage poses or even your guitar face, without a mirror. I don't know if I can take you seriously any longer after that post. In fact, I think I might organize a little group Christmas present for you from all of us. It's time you joined in on the REAL fun of playing guitar and got a mirror to play in front of! You won't believe it. It's better than a new guitar! Your playing will go to a whole new level, as will your stage presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back