Released a New Song Today...

kirellah

Hey everyone, a few weeks before jumping into the forum, I had finished up a new song, and today is the release day! Wanted to share it here with everyone.

This is an instrumental song, as are all the songs under my Ane Croft moniker, even though the genre of the instrumentals is pretty open ended. This song focuses on the guitar of course, as most do in some way, but it was written around the lead line in the chorus. I wrote that part sitting on the couch and decided to build a track to support it. I wrote and recorded all the guitars and bass, and programmed the synth line and the drums.

To me this release signifies getting back into releasing regular music. It's not my day job, so as a hobbyist, everything else was seeming to get in the way, including the lack of drive to finish a multitude of songs that have been consistently shelved for lack of completion or vision. Tends to be how my creativity works. But this one, I saw all the way through from start to finish in a short 2 week or so period and it feels great to have completed it and to have it out there.

I used my SE Standard 24-08 for all the main guitar stuff, and my SE 277 baritone for the glitchy guitar parts in combination with the Chase Bliss MOOD pedal.

It can be heard at the following Bandcamp link, or on all major streaming platforms. I hope you enjoy it. More to come!

I love it. You did great.

Off-topic: I was in Clarkston a few weeks ago having lunch at Honcho with a pal I've done some ad music for. Nice town!
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Nice! My wife and I love it here. She grew up in Clarkston, and I've been here for quite a while myself, both of us went to high school here, and now we're raising our kids here. We love Honcho and all the Union Joints! We've spent a lot of nights out at all of them, the downtown area is minutes from me.

Back