Reintroduced McCarty and new P245 Semi Hollow

prsrocker1988

OH yeah!!

This is where the DGT started. And the fact you can get it without trem makes me want this over the DGT.

Also new P245 Semi Hollow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very glad to see the McCarty back! Now if we can just get a trem on it :D
P245sh sounds great also!

Would love to compare the new McCarty to the original and see how they compare. So glad they didn't screw the guitar up by putting a blade switch on it. I think it's gotta be mentioned Bryan is a killer player in these videos too :p

Last edited:
I had a really heavy McCarty gold top that was a Les Paul killer. So it's interesting to see them move to a guitar with a thicker back.

Awesome! I'm still wondering whether they release a new Standard 22/24 (core line), because of the anniversary and they already have the SE's. But definitely interested in a McCarty, as I love PRS hardtails.

Yes, they were always thicker as an option that the others didn't have. I like that they are back too. I would prefer a more simple one without birds like the older ones. I have an 04 in cherry burst that is a really beautiful guitar.

Too bad the price has corresponded to the times and is very expensive now. I think My lady paid 1800 bucks out the door for my standard in 04... They are what now...?? 3grand??

Too bad the price has corresponded to the times and is very expensive now. I think My lady paid 1800 bucks out the door for my standard in 04... They are what now...?? 3grand??

The Standards were always less expensive than the maple top models. So with a maple top your McCarty would have cost a few hundred more, to make a comparison more fair.

It's been 12 years since they made your '04. More than a decade.

An '04 Mustang was $18,000. A 2016 bases out at $24,145. That's a price increase roughly comparable to guitar price increases over the same period, and during that time, more of a Mustang's parts have been outsourced overseas to further keep the cost down.

A McCarty is all USA parts.

I always use the Mustang as a comparison because my first car was a 1965 Mustang that based out at $2.495. :eek: With all USA parts!!

Gas was 12 cents a gallon when I learned to drive. I think I just filled up last for around two bucks a gallon, and thought I was getting a decent price!

My '65 SG Special cost under $300 new, including the case (which was priced separately back then).

I was with my Dad when he bought it for my brother, and I remember the discussion about the price with the dealer. Sadly, the dealer he bought the guitar from has long been out of business, and the mall where he got it has been torn down as of this year.

So nothing really stays the same. Time marches on. Welcome to Earth!

Last edited:
Gas was 12 cents a gallon when I learned to drive. I think I just filled up last for around two bucks a gallon, and thought I was getting a decent price!

I rented a Camaro in 2012 and toured the West Coast filling at 3 and a half bucks per gallon, and I thought it was a bargain compared to european prices. At 2 bucks per gallon... this time I´ll rent a Viper and will let it burn gas like there´s no tomorrow :D:D:D

I rented a Camaro in 2012 and toured the West Coast filling at 3 and a half bucks per gallon, and I thought it was a bargain compared to european prices. At 2 bucks per gallon... this time I´ll rent a Viper and will let it burn gas like there´s no tomorrow :D:D:D

Heh! In 1969 I bought a Firebird 400, a pony car with a 400 cubic inch GTO engine and 4 barrel carburetor, with my ill-gotten gains from my band and summer job. Talk about burning gas!

I think I had to fill the damned tank ever day. Life was pretty easy back then... :)

Oh, I understand the inflation and labor and parts costs increases, I just guess I am living in wishful thinking land and could swing yet another one. As it stands, I treasure this one, cause it's gonna be the only one.

Back