Regular production McCarty 594?

So, by "safe" do you mean you can't find the combo you want, so your money is safe? Or that you found exactly what you want, and you will have one of these safely in your possession sooner or later?

Ah, this year my wallet is safe but come 2017? Who knows if it will be this model or some other magical formula that PRSh might concoct

Nice guitars! Dave told me about these in early March. As nice as they are, I will wait, as there are no colors that interest me. I hope, however, that the report back from players getting them is very positive. It was either this, or a McCarty for me. I'm glad I'm patient when ordering.

You know the answer already, right?

Get both. ;)

But remember, the McCarty will remain valid for all the reasons you bought it for in the first place, including scale length, pickups, etc.

I recently added a McCarty to my small group, and I don't regret it. Down the road, I'll get a 594. And it's different enough that keeping both will make sense.

I like your style... Good answer!

After reading your comments on the 594 thread at TGP, it is clear to me at least that you have an axe to grind with PRS. I will say that you manage to stick to your "thing" whatever that is.

Eh? You are a little late to the party on this one. But, thanks for the advice lol

Would you consider the 594 in the same ballpark than a SC? And when I say the same, I mean cover all the SC but in a different shape and lighter

How many think the 594 will but a decent size dent in LP sales?

I'm an admitted PRS addict, but I don't see that happening. Gibson and PRS each have their markets. There is overlap, but they aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, it's really about the numbers. PRS will make enough 594s to satisfy the demand, but to make any noticeable dent in Gibson LP sales, PRS would have to make nothing but 594s for months and sell them all - not gonna happen.

I'm an admitted PRS addict, but I don't see that happening. Gibson and PRS each have their markets. There is overlap, but they aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, it's really about the numbers. PRS will make enough 594s to satisfy the demand, but to make any noticeable dent in Gibson LP sales, PRS would have to make nothing but 594s for months and sell them all - not gonna happen.

I see your point. :), and it's well made.

I disagree, no advice for you was intended, I think its always a good time to remind people not to feed the trolls.

This kind of crap is getting tiring, especially the "troll" label. I never cross the line with things I say. I have opinions and I state them in a mature, but a strong manner. I'm not going to apologize for that. Maybe you are the type of person who hates people like me because you are afraid to state how you really feel to anyone. Maybe that could be your boss, your wife, etc. Maybe it eats you up inside. I don't live life like that and I don't have regrets because of it. I'm actually a pretty successful business owner and professional. In my industry, if you don't have opinions and the conviction to back them up, you are toast. Simple as that. I've said it time and time again. I love PRS products and have owned many. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to like everything about the company or its decisions. There is nothing wrong with that. It's healthy.

This kind of crap is getting tiring, especially the "troll" label. I never cross the line with things I say. I have opinions and I state them in a mature, but a strong manner. I'm not going to apologize for that. Maybe you are the type of person who hates people like me because you are afraid to state how you really feel to anyone. Maybe that could be your boss, your wife, etc. Maybe it eats you up inside. I don't live life like that and I don't have regrets because of it. I'm actually a pretty successful business owner and professional. In my industry, if you don't have opinions and the conviction to back them up, you are toast. Simple as that. I've said it time and time again. I love PRS products and have owned many. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to like everything about the company or its decisions. There is nothing wrong with that. It's healthy.

Lots of successful business owners and/or professionals on this board, myself included, I don't think that brings any specific cred to this board, maybe you are the kind of person who flaunts that to make up for other shortcomings. I don't hate you, and i have no problem stating my opinion to my boss or wife (there was a line there buddy and its behind you) but have annoyed at the rather immature comments you have brought to the board so far, I would actually expect better from a successful professional. Your constant critique of the PRS business model and decisions tells me you know very little about manufacturing and the marketing of said manufactured products, at least about guitars and related accessories.

These are my opinions and I'm backing them up and can do so with your own posts. as you would say...flame away.

Drew, and above topic.

I believe Paul to be the leading and almost lonely guitar pioneer. I think that after 30 years he have may have just built the best guitar (read 594) to ever rival an original 50's Les Paul or original 50's Strat/Tele/Broadcaster. I believe his 25" scale length guitars from 1985 and the 594 to be a bridge of his efforts. Oh and Les' Hammer of the Gods, Cant leave that beast out. Remember, the Zach Myers inspired (P245) and John Mayer inspired (594) Artist guitars came to be from opposite sides of business models approaching innovative design from Artist input and marketing plans. The Zach Myers SE entry level guitar brought about the core line P245. Big Hit! The John Mayer SuperEagle and PS 594 or whatever it is came from the upper elite guitar line to the core line and will be a big hit. I think Paul knows his market and how to provide maximum impact now and into the future. Kudos to Paul and his boys and girls. Peace!

Drew, and above topic.

I believe Paul to be the leading and almost lonely guitar pioneer. I think that after 30 years he have may have just built the best guitar (read 594) to ever rival an original 50's Les Paul or original 50's Strat/Tele/Broadcaster. I believe his 25" scale length guitars from 1985 and the 594 to be a bridge of his efforts. Oh and Les' Hammer of the Gods, Cant leave that beast out. Remember, the Zach Myers inspired (P245) and John Mayer inspired (594) Artist guitars came to be from opposite sides of business models approaching innovative design from Artist input and marketing plans. The Zach Myers SE entry level guitar brought about the core line P245. Big Hit! The John Mayer SuperEagle and PS 594 or whatever it is came from the upper elite guitar line to the core line and will be a big hit. I think Paul knows his market and how to provide maximum impact now and into the future. Kudos to Paul and his boys and girls. Peace!

The man can certainly build a nice guitar. I wouldn't own them if he didn't.

I do think the time has come to fold my tent and stick to other forums where my own unique perspective and personality is ...um....better tolerated? I've enjoyed conversing and debating with you folks since the forum started. I'm actually a day one member. Keep up the PRS love. As always, I'll appreciate PRS products and I look forward to what the future holds for the brand. Happy trails.

I would love a 594 or a Super Eagle. Well, you know how that works......One of each...... But I need to make further progress in a major downsizing (something like 2 dozen guitars sold in the past 8 months). before jumping into anything new.

... a new jazz box that is built absolutely unlike anything else on the market.
Curious which guitar you're referring to here. Mine? (The Private Stock Singlecut Archtop) If so, I'd really like to know. I didn't get it because it was innovative, I got it because it plays like a dream. But if it is, would really like to be educated on it. And if you are talking about something else, would like to know which one. Not questioning, genuinely curious, I just tend towards more innovative over less innovative, wonder if I did so without being aware WRT my PSScAt.

Last edited:
Gratifying to see this kind of excitement over a great new core model. Love the ones dealers have already. Next guitar for me was going to be a DC245, either an old WL run or a PS build with DGT electronics, but even the basic 594 10 top with a hog neck ticks most of the boxes for me. As others have said the 594 is really the logical evolution of the Ted - glad to see it represented again.

Q about the 594, if anyone here with some insight into PRS' thinking can answer:

Is there a reason it does not have a regular PRS wraptail bridge?

=K

Back