Regular production McCarty 594?

This is just plain sick.
5941_zpscgsqncy9.jpg

glad to see a lot of color choices for these.....need to see the violet and charcoal burst in person........would absolutely kill for one of these in bonni pink but not sure I want it enough to spring for Artist pack..........one of these is likely going to come home from MD in a couple weeks with me....

glad to see a lot of color choices for these.....need to see the violet and charcoal burst in person........would absolutely kill for one of these in bonni pink but not sure I want it enough to spring for Artist pack..........one of these is likely going to come home from MD in a couple weeks with me....

I would love a quilt top in Bonni Pink. Unfortunately it does not look like there are any out there =(

I have a feeling a lot of these will be leaving MD in a couple of weeks. The 594 checks off a lot of boxes for me and I imagine I'm not alone.

Trampas green 10 top with natural back! That would be :cool::cool::cool:
I also really like the black gold burst colour, but don't like the lack of natural binding on it

I started hating the upper horn toggle, and here I am now thinking about buying an used SC58 or this one. If PRS offers 594s with special features at core prices at the Experience, I'll be in serious trouble

Last edited:
So PRS is making a core 594? Can we now demand a long scale guitar please?! (Core Super Eagle? 25.5" CU24?) And WIDE FAT NECKS!

I just did and I think I'm safe

Thanks Shinksma
So, by "safe" do you mean you can't find the combo you want, so your money is safe? Or that you found exactly what you want, and you will have one of these safely in your possession sooner or later?

I was afraid this would happen...oh well...no sense fighting it.

Ugh.. its disappointing. You can't out Les Paul a Les Paul. I would choose a new Les Paul standard over a core 594 in a heartbeat, especially now that the LPs have the axcess heel on them. Thats because I'd want the authentic sound, not something pretending to be that. In case you don't know. 24.594" is the golden age Gibson scale.

I love PRS, But, its disheartening to see Paul have all this Gibson envy. Paul should stick to his thing. 25" scale double cuts. Suhr and other builders are doing the same thing with strats. So, its not just Paul. People think they can outdo the originals but they really can't. No one wants to innovate anymore. Paul was THE innovator in 1985. Now its retro this and retro that. We can't even get out of 1959 with pickup designs. I love my 85/15 pickups in my CE but they are a 1959 PAF design with maybe a few extra winds. I think Paul released the Floyd CU24 and said thats the modern guitar just to wash his hands of it. Everything else is going back in time. I don't like that Paul has alienated the modern players in favor of the near retirement crowd with bucks to spare. At least Suhr, while doing retro stuff, still has a large focus on the modern crowd and Music Man pretty much has gone totally that route. Kiesel too. I would just hate to see PRS plummet one day because they are focusing on a market where the money will eventually dry up.

Let the flaming begin.

After reading your comments on the 594 thread at TGP, it is clear to me at least that you have an axe to grind with PRS. I will say that you manage to stick to your "thing" whatever that is.

Last edited:
Big Trouble in Little Wallet!

I already have GAS for a McCarty, now I'm gonna have to A/B it with one of these!

Gee. I have a new McCarty on order with Sweetwater. Now this 594 has given me a headache What to do, what to do?

Gee. I have a new McCarty on order with Sweetwater. Now this 594 has given me a headache What to do, what to do?

You know the answer already, right?

Get both. ;)

But remember, the McCarty will remain valid for all the reasons you bought it for in the first place, including scale length, pickups, etc.

I recently added a McCarty to my small group, and I don't regret it. Down the road, I'll get a 594. And it's different enough that keeping both will make sense.

Back