Regular production McCarty 594?

Ape Factory

Someone on another forum posted there's a new regular production McCarty 594 being produced? Any more info on it? Couldn't do a search for 594 as it's too short.

It would not surprise me, it has happened before.
The 513 started as a Brazilian neck only model, then became a regular one.
The Signature 408 started as a 100pcs Private Stock run, then came the 400pcs Signature Limited followed by the normal 408 model etc...
If the demand is high, I would expect it to become a regular model.

I saw on guitar mav Facebook page that they were announcing a core model 594 and that he had already ordered five

I like the shorter scale and the 4 knob control layout, but I HATE the toggle on the upper horn. I like and prefer it on singlecuts, but on a double cut feels like a kick in my balls.

I like the shorter scale and the 4 knob control layout, but I HATE the toggle on the upper horn. I like and prefer it on singlecuts, but on a double cut feels like a kick in my balls.
It would be cool if they did one tone control and replaced the other with the toggle, a la DGT but in a different shape.

That said, the upper horn toggle wouldn't stop me...

They did that specifically so you wouldn't buy one.

They want to keep the riffraff out with this model. ;)

They did that specifically so you wouldn't buy one.

They want to keep the riffraff out with this model. ;)

If I have the opportunity, I´ll ask to PRSh "did you design this guitar just to kick my balls?" and If the answer is "yes"... I could consider the 594 my own counter-signature XD

If I have the opportunity, I´ll ask to PRSh "did you design this guitar just to kick my balls?" and If the answer is "yes"... I could consider the 594 my own counter-signature XD

There ya go!

You know, if you buy your counter-signature model, owning it is sweet revenge. ;)

Seriously, I've never loved the look of upper-bout placement, even on my Singlecuts, but I do understand why they put it there; for players who are used it that location it's great, and with a 4 knob guitar, it's a little more difficult to find an ergonomic spot for the switch.

I definitely wouldn't let switch placement stop me from getting a guitar that would otherwise be perfect for my needs, which is why I have PRS guitars with several types of switches and locations. But we're all different!

Mini toggles I can do...I love the Siggy/PG layout. Four knobs is too much for my tiny brain. Just can't make the switch, feels wrong to me.

FWIW I think the layout of the PS20th is just about perfect...

I definitely wouldn't let switch placement stop me from getting a guitar that would otherwise be perfect for my needs, which is why I have PRS guitars with several types of switches and locations. But we're all different!

Seriously, me neither.
In fact, I don't love the placement in my McCarty, it's a bit far from the "action" but that doesn't stop me from playing it.
I like the placement in CUs, 513s...

A CU22 with McCarty thickness, stoptail, and maybe ziricote neck would be great... PS phone, please? XD

Say what you want about the aesthetics of the pick up selector location on the 594. But for a spaz like me there is nothing more practical than shooting my hand up and to the left to switch pick ups rather than down and to the right and OVER or AROUND all the other knobs.

Drifting a little more off the topic of the 594... I was gigging my SE ZM last night, and I found having the switch in the middle position most of the time, with four knobs to adjust, gave me a good range of tweakable sounds (and stuff I could tweak on the fly), and then when I want to slam into a lead solo I flick the switch down and away I go...

I have been using a HB and a P24 mostly when gigging, so this was a nice change, and it gave me a fresh appreciation for why that control layout just works for a lot of people.

So, a 594 suddenly got a bit more interesting...

I'm ALREADY in trouble. If they go this route, I'll be in deep doggy doo

Back