Regular production McCarty 594?

London Bridge Lake Havasu City?
image_zpsoxhwyalb.jpeg

"Morning, honey. God came to me in a dream last night and told meet buy a 594."

"Give me a break. You're a humanist, you don't believe in deities. You've said so many times."

"That's true, but you believe in a deity, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, your deity visited me in a dream and told me to buy a 594."

[The Look. The Stare. Wife reaches for carving knife.]

"Hey, one can't disobey your deity, am I right?"

[SFX of knife being pulled from knife block.]

"Ruh Roh..."

Oh please don't. I have a DGT and CST24. I'd totally buy this and I don't want to spend the money.

... please make it.

EDIT: Crap. I just had it confirmed by a dealer that a prototype of the production run is on tour with Paul himself. Paul is apparently out showing the thing off and it's happening. Better get some cash together boys.

Last edited:
The new McCarty lay out would get me confused, even my single cut trem gets me hesitating at times when I go for the toggle. Which my Tremonti I don't think about the higher toggle switch and same with a cu24s lower toggle. But switch them around and I'll mess up alot during a live show! But the new McCartys do look sweet! I'd bet money, who ever bought one would be a happy camper!

Yes! This is great, I am definitely on board for a core line 594. I'm going to sell of a couple of guitars to get ready for it. Woot!

"But hon, all the other guys are getting one."

"If all the other guys jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, too?"

"Of course!"

"If all the other guys jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, too?"

"Of course!"

Feel free to count me in as an example (of a future 594 purchaser, not a bridge jumper).

"Of course!"

I jumped twice yesterday!

Feel free to count me in as an example (of a future 594 purchaser, not a bridge jumper).

I'd jump twice for a 594! Count me as THE example! No, wait, I think the idea went over my head. I'll just buy the guitar :D

Ugh.. its disappointing. You can't out Les Paul a Les Paul. I would choose a new Les Paul standard over a core 594 in a heartbeat, especially now that the LPs have the axcess heel on them. Thats because I'd want the authentic sound, not something pretending to be that. In case you don't know. 24.594" is the golden age Gibson scale.

I love PRS, But, its disheartening to see Paul have all this Gibson envy. Paul should stick to his thing. 25" scale double cuts. Suhr and other builders are doing the same thing with strats. So, its not just Paul. People think they can outdo the originals but they really can't. No one wants to innovate anymore. Paul was THE innovator in 1985. Now its retro this and retro that. We can't even get out of 1959 with pickup designs. I love my 85/15 pickups in my CE but they are a 1959 PAF design with maybe a few extra winds. I think Paul released the Floyd CU24 and said thats the modern guitar just to wash his hands of it. Everything else is going back in time. I don't like that Paul has alienated the modern players in favor of the near retirement crowd with bucks to spare. At least Suhr, while doing retro stuff, still has a large focus on the modern crowd and Music Man pretty much has gone totally that route. Kiesel too. I would just hate to see PRS plummet one day because they are focusing on a market where the money will eventually dry up.

Let the flaming begin.

Ugh.. its disappointing. You can't out Les Paul a Les Paul. I would choose a new Les Paul standard over a core 594 in a heartbeat, especially now that the LPs have the axcess heel on them. Thats because I'd want the authentic sound, not something pretending to be that. In case you don't know. 24.594" is the golden age Gibson scale.

I love PRS, But, its disheartening to see Paul have all this Gibson envy. Paul should stick to his thing. 25" scale double cuts. Suhr and other builders are doing the same thing with strats. So, its not just Paul. People think they can outdo the originals but they really can't. No one wants to innovate anymore. Paul was THE innovator in 1985. Now its retro this and retro that. We can't even get out of 1959 with pickup designs. I love my 85/15 pickups in my CE but they are a 1959 PAF design with maybe a few extra winds. I think Paul released the Floyd CU24 and said thats the modern guitar just to wash his hands of it. Everything else is going back in time. I don't like that Paul has alienated the modern players in favor of the near retirement crowd with bucks to spare. At least Suhr, while doing retro stuff, still has a large focus on the modern crowd and Music Man pretty much has gone totally that route. Kiesel too. I would just hate to see PRS plummet one day because they are focusing on a market where the money will eventually dry up.

Let the flaming begin.

I'm not gonna flame you 'cause I kinda feel the same way as you... However, don't the axcess heels mess with the "authentic" recipe a bit?

Let the flaming begin.

no Flame, but I'll take the other side of the coin and say that if I was looking for a new guitar with this scale length and bridge type, I would be all over the 594 instead of an LPS. I gave up most singlecuts awhile ago, because I don't really like the overbearing (to me) prominent lower mids that single-cutaways often have and the ergonomics of the the PRS DC design are certainly preferable to me. My perception is that my PRS sound a bit more open and usually out-sustain most LPs I have spent time with, and I agree the tone is different and preferable to me due to the reasons I have stated above.

Edit: I could understand this rant if they discontinued your favorite model, but there are plenty of 25" double cut guitars being offered from PRS right now. The market demand for these other instruments is out there right now and the primary job of the company is to make money, not to stick with their old designs exclusively.

Last edited:

Let the flaming begin.

I'm actually really excited that 24.594 is the golden scale length! That's awesome!

You're entitled to your opinion. Even if you seem to be asking for a flame war, which is kind of uncool. Whatevs. I'm hyped for this thing!

Drew, PRS is only doing what Gibson cannot seem to do for themselves. As far as plumetting goes. Gibson's Standard and Poor's rarting has been lowered to a B. Not good for business. They also sold off some prime real estate to recover some money and cited a BS reason for doing so. PRS's contributions in guitar building across the board are innovative. Addresing the market desires is what drives business. I dont always agree with it either, but it is what pays the bills. As far as modern players and $$$. The market is shifting to acoustics more than any electrics. I will not be surprised to see a bad a$$ core or S2 acoustic to make a cameo at this years experience or Winter NAMM at the latest. Ibanez and other brands have saturated the modern guitar market. I think PRS will grow in this area, but carefully. He is the biggest smallest company out there. He will tell you that himself. Being a little company, his moves have to be precise as possible. The common denominator being no compromise. By not compromising PRS will never be confused with those cold timid souls of F and G. I have no malice in my words, just sharing my thoughts as you have.

On a another note. My dealer is waiting to possibly take my order as the Artist Package options/colors for the 594 have/will change. What is a brother to do?

Back