Registration of a PRS Instrument

BlueSkye

Hi folks,

I submitted information to register my newly acquired guitar from an authorized dealer a week or so ago and have heard nothing back from PRS. Does anyone know if they are responding to registration requests via their website or is it best to send in some sort of paperwork to accomplish the registration process?

Thank you!

I don't recall getting a response on my registrations. If you are concerned, give PRS customer service a call or email.

Thanks Tom. I will do that. I also had a question about the signatures as applied to a Brazilian neck that don't seem to be under any sort of clear coat and that would be a good time to call them about that as well.

I don’t register my guitars. That’s just what the gubmint wants - a database of killer instruments so they know who to go after first!!!!

I fill out the registration cards and staple the receipts to them, and I keep them in my special room under my tinfoil hat. Just to protect them from dust, drips, and drones.

I don’t think they contact you about registration until 25 years go by and @Shawn@PRS embarrasses you. :oops::p

I also had a question about the signatures as applied to a Brazilian neck that don't seem to be under any sort of clear coat and that would be a good time to call them about that as well.

Yeah, they don’t clear coat rosewood necks anymore. Enjoy the feeling of going raw dawg.

I don’t register my guitars. That’s just what the gubmint wants - a database of killer instruments so they know who to go after first!!!!

I fill out the registration cards and staple the receipts to them, and I keep them in my special room under my tinfoil hat. Just to protect them from dust, drips, and drones.

I keep mine too, I need them for my bootleg registration business.

Good point about not registering an arsenal of "assault" guitars

You should get an email that asks you to confirm your email address. Once you confirm that, your guitar has been registered.

I believe I did get the email for confirmation but if I wanted to find out whether my guitars had properly registered and update the 'profile' or address I filled out during registration, is that possible? I don't recall hearing anything more or being able to find and/or update any of my personal information that I filled in at the time of registration for each of my guitars. I must admit, I did expect more...

If I worked for the gubmint, I’d just hang around here and scan the NGD posts.

Hmm, that reminds me. There are some threads I need to go delete..

Hmm, let's say someone (hypothetically) can't remember if he registered his PRS, is there any way to check?

What are the implications of not registering / registering?

I believe I did get the email for confirmation but if I wanted to find out whether my guitars had properly registered and update the 'profile' or address I filled out during registration, is that possible? I don't recall hearing anything more or being able to find and/or update any of my personal information that I filled in at the time of registration for each of my guitars. I must admit, I did expect more...

Sure, send us an email at custserv@prsguitars and we can check it out.

Back