Registering a new guitar

TeresaR

I recently purchased a SE Angels Custom guitar and am wanting to register it...is there an online registry or do I have to send in the registration card?

Hi Teresa and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your purchase! A lot of Angelus Custom purchases here lately, including myself :). It's a great guitar.

I don't know about online registration - looked around for it myself on PRS' website, but didn't find anything. I think you may have to send in the warranty card.

Maybe someone else knows something I don't know?

You will need to send in the warranty card for american made. Not sure on the acoustic's but the electric will have a stick with serial number and mod cat code on hang tag that you affix to the part of the warranty card you mail in. The SE electrics is I am an not sure on. Maybe someone else can give info on those.

Registering new guitar

Darn...I was thinking I might have to send in the registration card :(
Oh well..I'll scan it before I send it so I have a record of it...ugggg!

On a side note - did you get any other "documentation" with your guitar? I only got hardware stuff (truss rod wrench, spare saddle). I am wondering if there is anything missing that I should contact the dealer to get.

(The warranty card is not needed, as it doesn't cover Europe anyway as far as I can tell).

I have not registered my private stock's yet, I probably should. I'm surprised that they don't have an online method. When I register warranty on my Taylor's, I do it online on their website. It also adds me to the mailing list for their free magazine, which is really nice (and a good marketing tool for them). The online way gives you instant notice that it has been received and accepted also. Alas, like you, I'll have to send the piece of (ugh) paper in. :)

FYI, PRS states that you should register within one month of the purchase date:

THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/warranty.html

FYI, PRS states that you should register within one month of the purchase date:

THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/warranty.html

dammit.............there goes my warranty on my SE Standard.....

Talk to the guys and see if they will make an exception if you send a copy of your purchase receipt, maybe?

I just sent the customer service an email and explained that I did not receive a warranty card, and Matt just had me email back all of my pertinent information:

Name

Address
Phone
Email
Serial number
Name of dealer
Date of purchase

Many people, including myself, usually don't register guitars by sending the cards in. Paul himself has acknowledged this. It's not really necessary as long as you have your original purchase receipt from the dealer. I've made a warranty claim and had an "unregistered" guitar repaired at no charge without having sent the card in. Receipt may need the serial # on it, I don't remember.

FWIW, I think it would be nice if you could register the guitar online at the PRS site.

FWIW, I think it would be nice if you could register the guitar online at the PRS site.

It's astonishing that they don't do this. The data they could collect for R&D would be incredible.

I agree. It is unfortunate that there is no online registry. It's nice that they give you the tools to identify your guitar but if you're not the original owner, the warranty card doesn't do much good.

Last edited:
How to register SE with PRS

I just got my wonderful Angelus Custom SE & hard case but it had no hang tag so I contacted the dealer.

They told me to send in the card with a copy of the sales receipt to PRS ... that is what PRS told them to do.

BTW My serial number is found inside the guitar on the end of the neck joint on a white label. I was freaked when it wasn't on the ID tag in the sound hole but I finally found it way up inside there.

I can't get over how closely the neck carve and string spacing is to my 2000 Custom 22? Now I just have to figure out how to make it's neck as slippery?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32802430@N08/16735295861/

Back