Reflections on my new Paul’s SE

304007_kit_kat_chunky_milk_chocolate_bar_40g.jpg

I haven't been able to play a Paul's SE. Has anyone with a SE245 played both? Just curious about the neck carves. I know the scale length is different but does the carve feel the same? I'm pretty sure it probably does. I'm just absolutely in love with the WF on the 245, fits my mitt like a glove.

I haven't been able to play a Paul's SE. Has anyone with a SE245 played both? Just curious about the neck carves. I know the scale length is different but does the carve feel the same? I'm pretty sure it probably does. I'm just absolutely in love with the WF on the 245, fits my mitt like a glove.

You! Behave!! You’re saving for a DGT:p

(Yeah, yeah, I know I’m like the “anti-enabler):oops:

I can now say my 245 and PG have exactly the same neck carve and are the Whippets Dinkle!

My thoughts on my SE Paul’s Guitar are similar. There is this feeling the strings are more reactive with the body/neck. I think it was Michael from guitargate who said they feel like are train track rails, just anchored and resonant. And the tuning of the pickups is unique, they punch with more bite and presence. It’s a unique axe, glad I got one last winter. Fwiw, mine is red and weighs 7.2 pounds and I spun the neck pup around with the adjustable pole pieces closer to the bridge.

That must be because of a combination of several factors, length, thickness of body and neck, the bridge, length and material etc. On paper nothing strikes me as peculiar but I must say my PG doesn’t feel like any other guitar I owned. Despite that, it feels very familiar to me, like an old suite that’s been worn in. I was pleasantly surpised.

For reference, my Core PG is 3.3 kg, about 7.3 lbs. Store said 3.4 kg, which is odd, because normally my bathroom scale shows more than reality. Or did I just get fat?:p

Very nice pickup! My thoughts on the SE Paul's are very much the same. I would say, concerning the pickups, they strike me as great do-it-all type pickups, but there's something extra that I can't put my finger on but its some kind of juju that gives them a very musical edge I've never heard in previous SE pickups.

I do stand by my feeling that the 35th or 24-08 is superior only because of the slimmer neck profile, but Paul's SE's feel very much like a "super" SE guitar that can contend with its US counterparts. That is to say this is a serious instrument and worthy of being a PRS. I'm a bit curious if anyone has experimented with swapping the bridge for an adjustable stoptail.

Back