Refinishing my Custom 24 yet again....

That faded finish looks absolutely amazing.Personally I preferred it with the dark green fade on the back.One question though regarding your tremolo setup,it looks to be set too high?

That faded finish looks absolutely amazing.Personally I preferred it with the dark green fade on the back.One question though regarding your tremolo setup,it looks to be set too high?

Thank you!

You are right, its higher then how comes out from the factory, its a personal preference and also has to do with the saddles hight and the angle of the string when it comes out from the tremolo block onto the saddle. In my experimentation chanching this angle softens the tension feel getting it closer to what i get from my '55 Les Paul Goldtop that has a wrap bridge.

The guitar still has a very low action and its fretbuzz free.

Thank you!

You are right, its higher then how comes out from the factory, its a personal preference and also has to do with the saddles hight and the angle of the string when it comes out from the tremolo block onto the saddle. In my experimentation chanching this angle softens the tension feel getting it closer to what i get from my '55 Les Paul Goldtop that has a wrap bridge.

The guitar still has a very low action and its fretbuzz free.
I know what you mean,I have that thing with decked tremolos on strats.The angle behind the saddles definitely affects the tension.

Could you explain the layout of the controls?

Sure, Its a 2 Volume 1 Tone configuration, but all 3 pots are push/pull.

The neck and bridge have individual volumes and when you pull the knob it coil taps the PUs, the tone knob pushed serves as a tone for the neck PU only, when pulled it affects the bridge also.

The mini toggle serves two purposes, where ever you have your volumes set it will engage a direct link to the output jack bypassing the volume knobs. The second FX you could achieve is to cero down the volumes so when engaged it will serve as a kill switch.

That's very cool-love the matching knobs and switch tips--interesting switching arrangement, too!

Hi

Your prs refinish job is very nice. I love it

Do you mind to teach me how do you remove prs finish and remove prs stain? Prs stain is very difficult to remove completely

Best regards

Back